1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed Animated GIF avatars renamed to .jpg

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Ralle, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Ralle

Ralle Active Member

Hey guys,

I just tried setting an animated avatar (GIF) on my install of XenForo and here is what happened:

The .gif is renamed (not converted) to .jpg and moved to data/avatars/l/0/1.jpg (still GIF internally)
    The .gif is converted to JPG and resized into data/avatars/m/0/1.jpg and data/avatars/s/0/1.jpg

I would very much like to have animated GIF support for avatars in all sizes, but that would be a feature request. The bug here is that the file is renamed to .jpg when it clearly isn't one. I suppose you could open it using XenForo_Image_Abstract and just output it to the proper path as a real .jpg file.
  2. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

Not sure its a bug or a problem. Pretty sure imgur for example extensions all gifs to jpg as well. Doesnt seem all that uncommon. Could be a mime setting issue server side in some cases though.
  3. Ralle

Ralle Active Member

The file is called .jpg. If that is a lie, why not call all images .leg instead? I am convinced this should be interpreted as a bug.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member