Animated avatars with Imagick not working

Yashua

Imagick installed and i have xenforo setup to use it Imagick instead of GD image library but animated GIF avatars on my forum are still not showing up animated? who do :(
I took a screenshot of Imagick in my phpinfo()
dc700860dd09c828174f634b86c6a135.png

Attachments

• dc700860dd09c828174f634b86c6a135.webp
    dc700860dd09c828174f634b86c6a135.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 5
Have the images been uploaded since you swapped to Imagemagick? It's not a retroactive thing.
ok another problem I'm having is when I go to upload a small gif using the new image processor compared to the old one it seems to take a extended amount of time for the image to upload it use to take seconds now it takes about 3 minutes.

ok another problem I'm having is when I go to upload a small gif using the new image processor compared to the old one it seems to take a extended amount of time for the image to upload it use to take seconds now it takes about 3 minutes.

A few people have had this problem where ImageMagick just seems to hang:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...n-time-exceeded-when-uploading-avatars.17982/
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...rofile-image-if-imagemagick-is-enabled.25707/

Unfortunately the cause has yet to be positively identified. It's probably a server thing such as a problem with a particular version of ImageMagick or the client library. In other words, try upgrading PHP and ImageMagick.

I have exactly the same problem. Apache server, MySQL client version 5.0.90, latest ImageMagick PECL Extension installed by my host just the other day (at my request, purely so that I could have animated avatars on my forum).

I went into ACP > Options > Attachments and selected "ImageMagick PECL Extension" as the Default Image Processor, and asked my users to re-upload their avatars, but there appears to be no change - the image is animated in the profile pop-up overlay that appears when you click on the user's name, but the avatar in the thread remains static.

Are there any other changes I need to make in order to get animated avatars? This is a big request from many of my users, who were used to it on the forum before I migrated to XenForo, so I would really appreciate it if anyone is able to offer a solution. :)

Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem. Apache server, MySQL client version 5.0.90, latest ImageMagick PECL Extension installed by my host just the other day (at my request, purely so that I could have animated avatars on my forum).

I went into ACP > Options > Attachments and selected "ImageMagick PECL Extension" as the Default Image Processor, and asked my users to re-upload their avatars, but there appears to be no change - the image is animated in the profile pop-up overlay that appears when you click on the user's name, but the avatar in the thread remains static.

Are there any other changes I need to make in order to get animated avatars? This is a big request from many of my users, who were used to it on the forum before I migrated to XenForo, so I would really appreciate it if anyone is able to offer a solution. :)

Thanks.

Visit admin.php?tools/phpinfo and make sure the relevant image formats are listed as supported in imagick.

Upgrading your server software is also something you can try (PHP, imagick pecl extension, imagemagick itself).

Visit admin.php?tools/phpinfo and make sure the relevant image formats are listed as supported in imagick.

Upgrading your server software is also something you can try (PHP, imagick pecl extension, imagemagick itself).
This shows the following info (hope these bits are relevant):

gd

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.2.1
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPEG Support enabled
libJPEG Version 6b
PNG Support enabled
libPNG Version 1.2.7
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

imagick

imagick module
enabled
imagick module version 3.1.0RC1
imagick classes Imagick, ImagickDraw, ImagickPixel, ImagickPixelIterator
ImageMagick version ImageMagick 6.4.0 01/07/09 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
ImageMagick copyright Copyright (C) 1999-2008 ImageMagick Studio LLC
ImageMagick release date 01/07/09
ImageMagick number of supported formats: 179
ImageMagick supported formats A, AI, ART, ARW, AVI, AVS, B, BMP, BMP2, BMP3, BRF, C, CAPTION, CIN, CIP, CLIP, CMYK, CMYKA, CR2, CRW, CUR, CUT, DCM, DCR, DCX, DDS, DFONT, DNG, DOT, DPS, DPX, EPDF, EPI, EPS, EPS2, EPS3, EPSF, EPSI, EPT, EPT2, EPT3, FAX, FITS, FRACTAL, FTS, G, G3, GIF, GIF87, GRADIENT, GRAY, HISTOGRAM, HTM, HTML, ICB, ICO, ICON, INFO, IPL, ISOBRL, JNG, JPEG, JPG, K, K25, KDC, LABEL, M, M2V, MAP, MAT, MATTE, MIFF, MNG, MONO, MPC, MPEG, MPG, MRW, MSL, MSVG, MTV, MVG, NEF, NULL, O, ORF, OTB, OTF, PAL, PALM, PAM, PATTERN, PBM, PCD, PCDS, PCL, PCT, PCX, PDB, PDF, PDFA, PEF, PFA, PFB, PFM, PGM, PICON, PICT, PIX, PJPEG, PLASMA, PNG, PNG24, PNG32, PNG8, PNM, PPM, PREVIEW, PS, PS2, PS3, PSD, PTIF, PWP, R, RAF, RAS, RGB, RGBA, RGBO, RLA, RLE, SCR, SCT, SFW, SGI, SHTML, SR2, SRF, STEGANO, SUN, SVG, SVGZ, TEXT, TGA, THUMBNAIL, TIFF, TIFF64, TILE, TIM, TTC, TTF, TXT, UBRL, UIL, UYVY, VDA, VICAR, VID, VIFF, VST, WBMP, WMF, WMZ, WPG, X, X3F, XBM, XC, XCF, XPM, XPS, XV, XWD, Y, YCbCr, YCbCrA, YUV

Directive
Local Value
Master Value
imagick.locale_fix 0 0
imagick.progress_monitor 0 0

Can anyone help with this? My members really miss animated avatars in thread view. :(

Thanks.

If the animation works on upload, but doesn't work in the thread, is it possible your server/browser is caching the images?

Have you tried a forced refresh (CTRL+R or F5) to see if the animation starts working in the thread view?

If the animation works on upload, but doesn't work in the thread, is it possible your server/browser is caching the images?

Have you tried a forced refresh (CTRL+R or F5) to see if the animation starts working in the thread view?
Yep - got all users to re-upload their avatars, cleared browser cache, tested with Chrome and Firefox. Same results: Avatar is animated in the profile pop-up when you click on the user's name/avatar, but is static in thread view. :(

My host installed ImageMagick PECL Extension at the beginning of March at my request, specifically for this purpose, and it has been enabled in ACP > Options > Attachments ever since then, but still no joy.

All suggestions appreciated; I'd really love to get animated avatars back!

Okay, well here's the problem: The large version of the avatar is animating correctly; however the medium and small versions are not!

Anyone seen this before and know what the fix is? Possibly an issue with imagick?

Okay, well here's the problem: The large version of the avatar is animating correctly; however the medium and small versions are not!

Anyone seen this before and know what the fix is? Possibly an issue with imagick?
There are quite a few threads on here where people are having this issue, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to something anyone can get to the bottom of. Which is a real shame, because I've seen it working on a few XenForo boards, and my users really miss it. :(

Thanks for all your help.

Can I ask a stupid question? Why the hell does Xenforo require imagick to be installed for animated avatars when competitors like phpBB, MyBB, and IP.Board can accomplish this simple task rather easily? Just makes no sense to me.......my server doesn't support this script so I can't have animated avatars? I just think that's really quite silly.

Top Bottom