XF 2.1 Animated Avatars no longer working

thenashy

We have an issue where some users have working animated gifs in their avatars, while users uploading them today are left with a single frame and no animation.

I have an animated GIF myself, and it works fine, as do many other users.

In this window;
1591774762370.png

The animated GIF for the users uploading it works fine. But everywhere else, it remains the single frame.

What could I be missing here?

AFAIK animated avatars aren't actually supported - I think Xenforo wants to render everything as a static PNG and anytime the gif that's supplied is resized it gets "De-animated." So maybe something is resizing/converting them? I am just going off memory here so take my post with a grain of salt.

my guess is somewhere along the line you changed over to imagick...the avatars uploaded before the change, would need to be reuploaded, as it is required for them to work....they should work tho ;)

my guess is somewhere along the line you changed over to imagick...the avatars uploaded before the change, would need to be reuploaded, as it is required for them to work....they should work tho ;)

I'm on the setting that allows animations according to XF info.

The old ones work, new ones don't.

perhaps it is the reverse then....the question is still the basic same, are you using GD or imagick?

i believe to verify it is imagick is step 1 for this.

Imagick. Enabled specifically back in the day to allow the avatars that are working. Just, not anymore apparently. Except in the window in the screenshot above.

Top Bottom