1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animated avatars in thread_view

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Steve F, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble getting this to work. Here you can see the Imagick extension enabled.

This is a new server so I'm not sure if I am missing something else. The is a VPS from knownhost.com
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Steve F

Isn't that what enables the imagick module in php? I thought having that show in the phpinfo meant it was installed/enabled. :cautious:

The support guys said it was installed.
  4. Steve F

As far as I can tell everything looks in place. Not sure if this is a problem but this is from the bottom of my php.ini file.

5. Steve F

Any other things I can check? I'm still trying to grasp this VPS stuff.

In the ACP the ImageMagick PECL Extension is selected.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't see any reason for it to not work. Can you attach the image here?
  7. Steve F

I tried these 2 and they work every where but thread_view.

Attached Files:

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well, obvious question here - did you actually tell XF to use ImageMagick? :)

I can get the second image to work without issue. The first image is significantly larger and takes too long to process.
  9. Steve F

Yes, if you mean the ACP option. I will just send in a support ticket with login details then you guys can take a look when ever you get a chance.

10. sforum

sforum Active Member

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I asked my host to install the imagick PECL extension purely so I could have animated avatars, which they kindly did. I went into my ACP and sure enough the "ImageMagick PECL Extension" option was selectable (whereas before it was greyed out), so I selected it and advised my users they could now upload animated GIFs as avatars. A few have tried, however, and none have worked. :(

Is there something else one has to do to make it work?

11. Steve F

No I still can't get it working. Idid send in a support ticket here and Mike said he seen no reason why it wasn't working except maybe the version of imagick I am using. Really have had no time to follow up on the issue since though. I will try updating this thread if we figure it out.
  12. Steve F

Updating ImageMagick to 6.7.1-7 seems to have fixed the issue I was having, previously was on 6.2.8. The imagick version we are on is 3.0.1 anything newer doesn't work with our server.