Animated avatars in thread_view

Steve F

I'm having trouble getting this to work. Here you can see the Imagick extension enabled.

imagick.webp

This is a new server so I'm not sure if I am missing something else. The is a VPS from knownhost.com

Isn't that what enables the imagick module in php? I thought having that show in the phpinfo meant it was installed/enabled. :cautious:

The support guys said it was installed.

As far as I can tell everything looks in place. Not sure if this is a problem but this is from the bottom of my php.ini file.

Code:
extension="apc.so"
extension="imagick.so"
extension="apc.so"
extension="zip.so"
extension=imagick.so

I tried these 2 and they work every where but thread_view.

Attachments

• agstickfigures25.gif
    agstickfigures25.gif
    483.1 KB · Views: 30
  • agstickfigures23.gif
    agstickfigures23.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 26
Well, obvious question here - did you actually tell XF to use ImageMagick? :)

I can get the second image to work without issue. The first image is significantly larger and takes too long to process.

Yes, if you mean the ACP option. I will just send in a support ticket with login details then you guys can take a look when ever you get a chance.

Thanks

Yes, if you mean the ACP option. I will just send in a support ticket with login details then you guys can take a look when ever you get a chance.

Thanks
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I asked my host to install the imagick PECL extension purely so I could have animated avatars, which they kindly did. I went into my ACP and sure enough the "ImageMagick PECL Extension" option was selectable (whereas before it was greyed out), so I selected it and advised my users they could now upload animated GIFs as avatars. A few have tried, however, and none have worked. :(

Is there something else one has to do to make it work?

Thanks.

No I still can't get it working. Idid send in a support ticket here and Mike said he seen no reason why it wasn't working except maybe the version of imagick I am using. Really have had no time to follow up on the issue since though. I will try updating this thread if we figure it out.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I asked my host to install the imagick PECL extension purely so I could have animated avatars, which they kindly did. I went into my ACP and sure enough the "ImageMagick PECL Extension" option was selectable (whereas before it was greyed out), so I selected it and advised my users they could now upload animated GIFs as avatars. A few have tried, however, and none have worked. :(

Is there something else one has to do to make it work?

Thanks.

Updating ImageMagick to 6.7.1-7 seems to have fixed the issue I was having, previously was on 6.2.8. The imagick version we are on is 3.0.1 anything newer doesn't work with our server.

Top Bottom