Andriod OS -- Desktop PC

Adam Howard

So I'll be interested to hear people's thoughts on this. Even more interested from those of you who use Windows 8 for your desktop.

Am I the only one who doesn't see a question in the OP?
I'm asking, how would you feel if Android had full cross over support, like how Windows 8 does now?
ah, this is the point of this thread?
I've seen emulators for android on windows, it gives you a way to preview your site on a phone without having a phone.
Is that what you're talking about?
If so don't the Chrome books run android.
It's the google laptop?

I've seen emulators for android on windows, it gives you a way to preview your site on a phone without having a phone.
It's the google laptop?
I thought the title would be clear enough.... ie... Andriod OS Desktop PC .... ie... Android OS running natively on a desktop pc. Didn't think I would need to "spell it out". :cautious:

Assume Google had bigger plans and wants to release Android OS as a mainstream OS.

(Am I the only one who can think outside the box and see bigger pictures. I mean people are craving an affordable alternative to Windows these days)

It's the google laptop?
chrome os is focused on the cloud.

android os is supposed to provide more freedom so that it doesn't rely so much on the cloud.

That is because until today, Android wasn't being designed for the desktop PC. So there was no real desktop support.

I'm asking, how would you feel if Android had full cross over support, like how Windows 8 does now?
whatcha mean by crossover support? like how windows 8 is integrated with phones and stuff?

whatcha mean by crossover support? like how windows 8 is integrated with phones and stuff?
Windows 8 is designed for both touch devices (tables, phones) and desktops (desktops, laptops). You can use both touch or even a keyboard and mouse. So yes, I would define a crossover as something that can run natively of multiple devices just as Windows 8 can.

So how would you feel if Android expanded its self a little and broke outside of its current limits... ie... Could also run natively on a desktop / laptop with a mouse & keyboard, with app support for both as well !?

I've used Android x86 before...

It actually works quite well, and some netbooks come with Android installed as a second OS.

It would be nice to see full crossover, but it's unlikely to happen ;)

Why would anyone want to run a mobile OS on a desktop when they could just run Windows? Android might be great on phones, but compared to a "real" OS like Windows it's a bit of a joke. There are just so many problems to overcome I couldn't even begin to list them all. Why spend the time & money to make Android work on your PC when the benefits are so minimal?

Since Intel is starting to make viable processors for phones/tablets then I can see why Android for x86 would be worthwhile. But only because you have an x86 processor in your phone, not because Android is a worthy OS for your desktop.

Top Bottom