Anchor BBcode (BBM) - Anchorman

Anchor BBcode (BBM) - Anchorman 1.0a

No permission to download

otto

otto submitted a new resource:

Anchorman - a Anchor BBcode for BBM addon - Add anchors to your posts in your Xenforo forum.

Anchor BBM BBcode - Anchorman
Thanks to: ccclearhout, Jake Bunce und ForestForTrees for inspiration and hints.
I found not working ressources, short hints at serveral posts but not a complete working anchor BBcode. Thats the reason why I made this package. I hope it helps you in your Xenforo forum.

This addon add your site after installation a SMF like simple Anchor BBM BBcode.

Installation:
To import the BBcode XML files, pleas install first the latest BBcode &...

Read more about this resource...

I'll try it out and will report back since I'm looking for an Anchor BBCode.

Nvm. Don't want to waste 10 minutes just to download an addon.

Hello,

what is your problem with registration? Others can register, thats all I can say at the moment. So please specificate your problem a litle bit more so I can do something to help you. :)

If you are new:
1. just select above right your favorite language - its quite simple
upload_2017-2-18_16-39-1.webp

2. click on "Register now" Button - like on every other forum
upload_2017-2-18_16-39-42.webp

3. if not done, you must now 10 seconds wait and after click on "OK" Button to sign for cookie use - that is a must have thing, for sites hosted in germany and also for german peopel. EU and German law ...
upload_2017-2-18_16-38-27.webp

4. make a hand full and normal steps to complete your registration, these steps are not others then on other sites
upload_2017-2-18_16-37-45.webp

5. this step is made for Xenforo. We wouldn't support members without a Xenforo licence - so just copy your Xenforo token to let us know, that you have a legal copy from Xenforo.
upload_2017-2-18_16-44-13.webp
or just click: https://xen-hilfe.de/account/xenforo-license
upload_2017-2-18_16-46-42.webp

After last step you can download our free addons and language packs. Thats all. Nothing is broken. :)

Last edited:
@otto, I also found registration to be broken despite many, many tries. I saw errors as I was typing and this was the final result. Cool add-on but absolutely useless behind a broken registration system.

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 10.49.54 AM.webp

Surprisingly registration works after clicking on the American flag but does not work in German despite entering the same info into the boxes.

Hello,

... the screen you have post is come on, when you try to register without fill out the registration form. This can not work so. ;)

But if you entered all correct and this come on - then check if you have no ad- or script blocker runing and accept cookies just bevor.

Its interesting, that only peopel they come from this one add-on to register on our site have trouble with the registration. :unsure:
I have check the registration certain times bevor, after @sub_ubi tells me he has problems with - but at no time I see a error, when I fill the form still correctly out.

@otto, I suspect that the two unrecognized fields are the primary issue.

I do not know what caused the problem but I saw the same issue using Safari and Chrome.

Also note that the grey bar across the top covers up the German and US flags so most users will not see those.

After clicking on the American Flag and reentering the same information the unrecognized field errors go away.

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 5.23.43 PM.webp Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 5.26.24 PM.webp

One more question, why force the license verification. Does Xenforo pay you to do that? Personally I was uncomfortable providing such details to an unknown forum with registration issues.

One more question, why force the license verification. Does Xenforo pay you to do that? Personally I was uncomfortable providing such details to an unknown forum with registration issues.

No, XenoForo does not pay anyone. Some developers want to ensure that they provide no support to people who are running nulled versions of XF, and the license verification is the way to do that.

No, XenoForo does not pay anyone. Some developers want to ensure that they provide no support to people who are running nulled versions of XF, and the license verification is the way to do that.

I appreciate you add-on but I was very close to not using it between the registration process and the license verification.

Since installing I have experienced an issue that editing a post in the popup instead of the "more options" edit screen messed up the anchor links. Has anyone else seen this?

This is the thread in question, with the links repaired now https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/

@BruceW

I let my co-admin take a look at your error screen - but, personaly I cant reproduce that at the moment with 3 browsers like Firefox, Edge and Chrome. So I must simply wait, what he say.

2. I write something about the licence validation just one post above yours - please take a look: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/anchor-bbcode-bbm-anchorman.118858/#post-1134347
I do what I do in my rare free time, and no one has ever pay for a addon or a translation from me. ;)

3. You can see the addon work without errors here:
https://www.my-xf.de/index.php?threads/anchor-bbcode-test.23/#1
Its the same version, nothing is changed. I use it in three xenforo forums (xenforo 1.5.8 - 1.5.12 and with BBM 3.3.3 to latest) without the problem you write about. It installs only another one (ok, two) new bbcodes for the BBCode and Button Manager addon (witch is not from me). Nothing on the editor templates is changed...
So, if I should help you - make a test-account for me and let me take a look.

Top Bottom