An unexpected database error occurred. After server change!

jgas

Hi guys, I moved my xenforo board to a new server :)
I changed the server configuration to meet vbulletin requirements and xenforo was working fine, but after seeing that my wordpress installation weren't working, I switched back to the original server configuration and now my xenforo is not working anymore :(

"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."
On every page!

What can I do?
When I was running vbulletin (a different domain on the same server) I solved changing from mysqlI to mysql..but here I don't know how to change it

My website is: http://www.pensadifferente.it

many thanks!

Have you tried restarting the server since the move and reconfiguration?

Was XenForo originally working on the current configuration?

Just a wild stab--is it possible a web host might not have support for mysqli in their build of PHP5? I was actually reading through some of their documentation yesterday, and it seems that support for MySQL is no longer bundled in and IIRC, you have to compile in support for both mysql and mysqli. (Don't quote me on it though...I was troubleshooting some code I've been having problems with, and stumbled across it rather hastily.)

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
<!-- The Mysqli extension is required for this adapter but the extension is not loaded -->

Remmber you can view the page source to find out about the error <3 xenforo

The source of that page (a database error) actually has the error text:
The Mysqli extension is required for this adapter but the extension is not loaded
Indeed that is the issue. You will have to contact your host. The new server does not meet XenForo's requirements.

Top Bottom