1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented An option to remove the Home in the navigation bar and breadcrumb

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by yoghurtfarmer, Oct 12, 2010.

1. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

This applies mainly to sites that are strictly forums.

I know it can be done via template edits, but I think there should be an option in the settings.

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Personally I would like to keep it a template edit. Either a site is, or is not, going to have a need to eliminate the Home button. In addition, some might want the Forums tab to be removed and home goes to the forums page. So that would be 3 different things to code/account for in the admin cp.

3. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

Perhaps if you leave the field blank for the homepage it omits the "Home" tab and just displays "Forums"

rickvr and Digital Doctor like this.
  4. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

To be clear, that link shows how to remove the unneeded tab. It really should be in tips & tricks soon.

6. Tanax

Tanax Active Member

You'll get a like from me. This is something I keep "missclicking" on this forum because I'm always using the button at the far left to go to the "Home of the forums", essentially the forum index.

7. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

Support this. Some sites have the first page like a single-page which we don't really need to include in navigation. Hope this will arrive in the Stable release.

8. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

ive never understood the resistance to some sort of navigation/menu editor in the acp.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  9. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

Agreed, it would be nice to be able to edit and add nav tabs via the CP.

10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Good idea.
    Excellent Idea. A Good CMS does this.

11. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

This idea was essentially [Implemented]

Removal of Home Tab/Link

If you do not enter a home URL in the options, the "Home" tab and link in the bread crumb will no longer appear.​

Dean likes this.
  12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Moved to implemented.

Dean likes this.