AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Ok so i have tried this addon for a around 5-6 months now. Hasnt really benefitted my site much (if at all) despite over 300k pages indexed. The AMP Robot has probably been one of the helpful things in fixing up pages though.

Anyway, if i disable the addon i should be fine with my pages listed on google not being shown as AMP right?

My forum is heavily customized, can I somehow have a preview or know if it's going to work fine before purchasing?

Anyway, if i disable the addon i should be fine with my pages listed on google not being shown as AMP right?
Should be fine simply disabling/uninstalling the addon, will take some days for googlebot to recognize that AMP pages are removed.

My forum is heavily customized, can I somehow have a preview or know if it's going to work fine before purchasing?
Please send a message with your forum link and we can have a look at it :) 👍

@mazzly I've been using this for a while now but one thing I've never done is a Google PageSpeed test on it. To my surprise, it isn't looking good. Do you know why it would be like this?

AMP score mobile: 39
AMP score desktop(?): 99

Regular score mobile: 58
Regular score desktop: 97

To my surprise, it isn't looking good. Do you know why it would be like this?
  • Your TTFB seems slow. Try to find out why and fix that
  • Caching time for static assets could be longer
  • I'd turn off the editor for guests
  • You seem to have 404s for shortcut icons, fix that
  • You are using FA icons in Light and Regular. If not absolutely necessary I'd try to use only one of those
  • You seem to load a Google Font (Poppins) but you do not actually use that?

• You are using FA icons in Light and Regular. If not absolutely necessary I'd try to use only one of those
This is great info, thank you. I have been trying to optimize my site for a while but some of these things are new to me.

TTFB: This one has been driving me crazy because it really shouldn't be like this. How might I figure it out? I have a managed VPS; can tech support typically figure this out?

Caching: Understood, I'll fix that.

Guests: Yeah, I'm not sure I've ever seen a post before registration yet. I'll turn that off.

404s: That's odd, they weren't like that the other day. Thanks for noticing.

FA icons: Interesting. So if I have the XF option set to regular and then I manually change some of them to light, that's not ideal?

Google font: No idea what that is from. Also, is the Google tag manager necessary for analytics? Is that from the AMP add-on?

How might I figure it out? I have a managed VPS; can tech support typically figure this out?
Professional approach: Profile the requests (with tools like XDebug) and analyse the profile.
Common approach: Do some educated guess and try disabling Add-ons until you've found the issue, take a look at debug output/queries.

Guests: Yeah, I'm not sure I've ever seen a post before registration yet. I'll turn that off.
You don't have to trun off the feature completely, just disabling the aditor (which does load a significant amount of JS) is enough.

FA icons: Interesting. So if I have the XF option set to regular and then I manually change some of them to light, that's not ideal?
No, it is not. If you use Light icons additonally to Regular, that requires another font file (at about 185 KB) to be downloaded.
You'd really want to avoid that as fonts are critical for rendering.

Google font: No idea what that is from. Also, is the Google tag manager necessary for analytics? Is that from the AMP add-on?
I don't know, its' your forum :)

I fixed some of these things and then I tried it with all add-ons disabled except for AMP and LiteSpeed cache.

https://tacoma3g.com/threads/new-here.11462/?amp=1
AMP score: 82

https://tacoma3g.com/threads/new-here.11462/
Mobile score: 71

Also, without LiteSpeed cache they were both 10 points less.

I'm glad I was able to improve it by this much, so thank you for the suggestions. Now I need to figure out which add-ons to ditch.

@mazzly

Can't seem to login to the ampxf control panel.

Forbidden (403)​

CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.
More information is available with DEBUG=True.

@mazzly

Can't seem to login to the ampxf control panel.

Forbidden (403)​

CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.
More information is available with DEBUG=True.
Refresh the login page and try again, this usually happens if the CSRF token has expired if you e.g. had the login page open for some time before actually logging in. :) 👍

Top Bottom