AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
An alternative view, @mazzly have you given thought to weekly or biweekly releases, and testing out your more frequent builds with a smaller group? Maybe a beta tester community...? Otherwise -- it's starting to feel a bit loose, if that makes sense!

Some things affect sites differently, so a small test group might not catch all errors, nor benefit from upgrading.

An alternative view, @mazzly have you given thought to weekly or biweekly releases, and testing out your more frequent builds with a smaller group? Maybe a beta tester community...? Otherwise -- it's starting to feel a bit loose, if that makes sense!
It is a good idea, but it slows down development quite a bit.

Also I would rather get out small fixes and improvements as soon as possible as we go along, rather than having to tell our customers that "the fix will come in X days"

For larger changes I try to keep them less frequent :)
Some things affect sites differently, so a small test group might not catch all errors, nor benefit from upgrading.
Yes, if I release something for a group of 10 people I have to wait for them all to install it (which can take days)
we are that small group of tester community )
Yep :)
Right! I say push updates however he wants. I wish I could use the addon and test, but it’s still unusable for me.
Didn't Beta 5 fix the XFRM compatibility problem for you? 🤔

Versioning works very nice here for customers to decide if they should install it or not:
  • Beta: If you're adventurous
  • Patch level: if you already have the same version (which likely contains a bug)
  • Stable: Should be fine as they are released :)

mazzly updated AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 with a new update entry:

1.3.5 Beta 6

Note: This release will likely require a "merge template" after install. Especially if you have added custom modifications to amp_style_custom.less
  • Rename amp_style_custom.less to amp_extra.less to be more aligned with extra.less-naming
    • You should copy over your custom changes from amp_style_custom.less to the new amp_extra.less
  • "Block-level" ad positions to also have the class block-container-ad on them so they can be styled
    • Default styling (in amp_extra.less) also...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Probably to have the opportunity to copy and paste the code from the old to the new template.
Yes, partly this, and also it now contains a comment to go to amp_extra.less instead (since some people have gotten used to the amp_style_custom.less and some documentation might be outdated etc etc) :) 👍

Just to be sure: can we delete amp_style_custom.less once all style definitions have been copied over to amp_extra.less? :)

Just to be sure: can we delete amp_style_custom.less once all style definitions have been copied over to amp_extra.less? :)
Leave it be for now, but yes in a couple versions (when most forums are on 1.3.5 or higher) we will remove it from the addon completely :)

Last edited:
I have a request, or rather a question -

Really happy so far. On my tests, everything is super fast.

I use an addon to display articles on my front page by @Lawrence called - Thread Preview Widget

This is the result when an AMP URL is added -

1613352770345.webp

If this is what my users see when they find my site front page, instead of the threads or forum - then I think they'll be very unimpressed :(

Any idea of a fix or solution?

Thank you! :) Looking forward for great stuff to come.

I also found another bug -

1613354478004.webp

When I highlight this, it's the text below the image -

1613354523391.webp

Thank you

Top Bottom