AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Dear Joy, but how the "guests visitors" will know this?

The process is by the search engines, adding the ?amp=1 automatically for this users?

Il trying to test as a "guest visitor" via mobile but the Google for example is nothing adding the ?amp=1 result as expected.

And yes, adding the amp in the link works perfectly. But is not to be a manual procedure, right?
Google will pick that up when it crawls your site. Give it 48 hours and you can google on your mobile previously indexed urls to see if they’ve indexed they amp variant. Otherwise new indexed urls should be showing up already. Google would have cached those urls. Make sure to use mobile when you do the searching.

Google will pick that up when it crawls your site. Give it 48 hours and you can google on your mobile previously indexed urls to see if they’ve indexed they amp variant. Otherwise new indexed urls should be showing up already. Google would have cached those urls. Make sure to use mobile when you do the searching.

Is all that i wanted to hear. I installed the add-on yesterday, so, probably Google not even started the crawling process yet.

It's sounds like i started 2021 with full anxiety mode in total speed, lol.

Thanks Joy!

Google is starting to index my AMP pages. What the AMP robot of the add-on does, Google does also: checking the contents of the AMP pages.

I get a lot of errors regarding URL's thsat aren't working anymore. Problem is, our forum has over 30.000.000 posts so that can mean thousands of errors.
Do you need to fix those? Do you get a penalty when you don't fix them?

Google is starting to index my AMP pages. What the AMP robot of the add-on does, Google does also: checking the contents of the AMP pages.

I get a lot of errors regarding URL's thsat aren't working anymore. Problem is, our forum has over 30.000.000 posts so that can mean thousands of errors.
Where does the error show? In the GSC or the ampxf site? Also, what are the errors? How many errors are you getting precisely? Not all 30M posts should be affected.

Both. My guess is both consoles will produce the same errors eventually.

Example GSC error:
(Translated)
Code:
Incorrect markup URL found for attribute 'href' in tag 'a'.

Currently 60 errors like this.

I only checked one post and that was indeed a dead URL.

And no, not all 30 mln posts have a dead URL but even if only 0.5% would contain a dead URL we are still talking 150.000 posts 😂

Both. My guess is both consoles will produce the same errors eventually.

Example GSC error:
(Translated)
Code:
Incorrect markup URL found for attribute 'href' in tag 'a'.

I only checked one post and that was indeed a dead URL.

And no, not all 30 mln posts have a dead URL but even if only 0.5% would contain a dead URL we are still talking 150.000 posts 😂
Yeah, I'd probably follow the GSC errors but you're right, you'll likely get the same ones in both GSC and AMPXF.

In GSC, it should tell you how many pages are affected, that's why I asked, as that will give you an idea if you can manually do them or if there's just too many to handle. Usually if it's "error with warning", those can be ignored. But if it's in the red column, those need to be fixed so Google can validate your urls and index them correctly.

If it's too many urls to do manually, then I'd wait for @mazzly to suggest something as there might be a way for him to automate those fixes via his add-on.

Yes, and no :)
They both validate the pages.
The AMP Robot also checks other clues for broken content, and also checks the live results.
Google takes days to show if the page is valid or not, while the AMP Robot shows it directly.
Another added benefit of the AMP robot is that it will find "common errors" that I need to fix in the addon. That would be impossible to track and resolve with Googlebot :)

If you don't fix them, the page isn't a valid AMP page. The end result is that you're not "getting as much as you could" out of the addon if you don't fix those types of errors :)

If a page in in non-valid state, Google and Bing are smart enough to just show the normal page as a search results (although, lower down than where it would show the AMP result)
@Recep Baltaş had one case with many pages, but it showed to a broken signature of one of his members, so by fixing it in one place, it resolved it in many other :)
If it's too many urls to do manually, then I'd wait for @mazzly to suggest something as there might be a way for him to automate those fixes via his add-on.
If the case was similar as to Recep's you can request me to trigger a "mass re-evaluation" of the found pages so you don't have to click "check fix" one by one :D

Yeah, I'd probably follow the GSC errors but you're right, you'll likely get the same ones in both GSC and AMPXF.

In GSC, it should tell you how many pages are affected, that's why I asked, as that will give you an idea if you can manually do them or if there's just too many to handle. Usually if it's "error with warning", those can be ignored. But if it's in the red column, those need to be fixed so Google can validate your urls and index them correctly.

Yeah, I think you are right.

We currently have a problem that about 150.000 URL's need to be reindexed (we had a wrong robots.txt we were unaware of) and reindexing is offline (for quite a while now, Google said it would be fixed in early January...).
Once that is fixed and Google has indexed all the (AMP) pages, I will let @mazzly know how many errors occured.

Right now it's over 60 different pages with 60 different problems.

Seems there’s a lot of confusion about compatibilities with other themes and add-ons when really most of them don’t matter.

I guess everyone will want that their style to remain the same, even after installing the addon. Some styles are high customised, and redoing it again, is not worth the effort.

I guess everyone will want that their style to remain the same, even after installing the addon. Some styles are high customised, and redoing it again, is not worth the effort.
Feel free to add your custom css using the amp css template if it that really matters to you. But since it isn’t “worth” the effort; then don’t do it.

Feel free to add your custom css using the amp css template if it that really matters to you. But since it isn’t “worth” the effort; then don’t do it.

I haven't purchased the addon yet, as I'm still watching the compatibility with styles especially from TH and add-ons. And ofc that's matters for me.

I haven't purchased the addon yet, as I'm still watching the compatibility with styles especially from TH and add-ons. And ofc that's matters for me.
Ok and until then you can miss out on the traffic increase this add-on offers :)

I understand your concerns :)

At least the TH font-size problem is easily fixable (will be in the next release), and most other things can be solved, at least that is my experience. :)
Ok then and until then you can miss out on the traffic increase this add-on offers :)
I'm sure a couple of days of due diligence won't make or break him :)

I understand your concerns :)

At least the TH font-size problem is easily fixable (will be in the next release), and most other things can be solved, at least that is my experience. :)

I'm sure a couple of days of due diligence won't make or break him :)
No but that’s why anyone would want to purchase this add-on. If he doesn’t need the traffic now or his board is private then he can hold off buying it because it’s no use for him now.

Last edited:
Yes, that option is mostly for some old forum that has previosuly been vb and the content has a bunch of <font style="yada yada"> in it that makes the css go over allowed limit..

This is something that another customer saw also and we fixed.

@ThemeHouse maybe can comment on this:

We've noticed that the normal page has the following style set on the <html>-tag:
View attachment 243896
I don't really understand why you would inline a rule that sets font-size to be 62.5% there, unless maybe for some accessibility option?

Anyway the fix that the customer did was to change font size values in ACP to be "px" instead of "rem"

I think the "safer" way to do it would be to edit "amp_style_custom.less" to add the same :
html{font-size:62.5%}
rule.. @ichpen can you add that and report back if font sizes start looking correct?

Yes, this one can be supported, probably without a lot of extra work.

I will likely have a new release out tonight with fixes for various things :)

I will check on fonts and let you know.

Got some new Google Search Console validation errors this morning:

Primarily around these attributes.
<div class="sI-title" uix-data-href="/threads/adjusting-convertable-top.40560/">

I will check on fonts and let you know.

Got some new Google Search Console validation errors this morning:

Primarily around these attributes.
<div class="sI-title" uix-data-href="/threads/adjusting-convertable-top.40560/">
can you send me PM with a link where that happens?

The above UIX problem will be solved in the next release, actually problem lies with the UIX theme not following HTML5 specs, but the AMPXF adddon can also of course remove that thing until they can release a fixed theme.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom