Amazon/eBay Parser

Amazon/eBay Parser 2.1.3

No permission to download
Hi there :)

Would it be possible to add support for Amazon.com.au links in a future update? Thanks for considering.
Support for Amazon.com.au links is added in version 2.1.0

It's not working on
Code:
https://amzn.to/******

type links, to change the ID. These are the most popular links since they are what amazon provides unless you select the full version.

I tested this with an ID and it did not change it to the one in settings.
Support for amzn.to short links is added in version 2.1.0

Support for amzn.to short links is added in version 2.1.0
Thanks so much for this! I checked it in the amazon link checker and it DOES work! (I saw the ID but I wanted to make sure amazon recognized the format)
Success: The link tags to a valid tag or sub-tag for your Associate ID.
AWESOME!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this! I checked it in the amazon link checker and it DOES work! (I saw the ID but I wanted to make sure amazon recognized the format)
Success: The link tags to a valid tag or sub-tag for your Associate ID.
AWESOME!

Perfect, thanks for reporting back.

Hi Ozzy, could you also add support voor .nl amazon? We have it in the Netherlands as well :)

Anybody running this on a 2.2 install with traffic yet? On 2.2.0 B4 having this enabled is adding about 5 seconds to the load time on a few pages. Trying to see if it's just me or not...

EDIT: Still figuring this one out. It's the Expand a.co and amzn.to shortcode links to full URL option. On a 2.1 install there is no noticeable lag, on a 2.2 install there is. Still experimenting a bit.

Last edited:
Anybody running this on a 2.2 install with traffic yet? On 2.2.0 B4 having this enabled is adding about 5 seconds to the load time on a few pages. Trying to see if it's just me or not...

EDIT: Still figuring this one out. It's the Expand a.co and amzn.to shortcode links to full URL option. On a 2.1 install there is no noticeable lag, on a 2.2 install there is. Still experimenting a bit.
Did you not see this note below that option?
a.co and amzn.to shortcode links can contain affiliate IDs. Check this box to expand the a.co and amzn.to shortcodes to their full amazon.com URL. This can cause performance problems because the shortcode link must be fetched from amazon and that can cause a delay in processing. If this box is not checked, your affiliate ID will just be added to the shortcode link.

Did you not see this note below that option?
Did you not see this part?

Did you not see this part?
My point was that there's no difference in the add-on between XF 2.1 and 2.2 (no change needed), so there's no point in reporting something that is a possible expected behavior.

My point was that there's no difference in the add-on between XF 2.1 and 2.2 (no change needed), so there's no point in reporting something that is a possible expected behavior.
My point was that the same code behaving differently based upon the XF version being used means there may be something affecting it from the XF side, hence my wondering if anybody else is experiencing it and my subsequent testing. At the moment I'm looking into if there were any Guzzle changes in 2.2 versus 2.1 & below.

Same server?
Yep, same server, same PHP version (and other environments), just different XF versions. I even ended up disabling all add-ons in both installs, stuck a quick & dirty variable in the code before & after the Guzzle client request to capture the start & end times, and then tried the same shortened amzn.to link; on the 2.2 install the client request was taking at least 3 seconds consistently to come back while the 2.1 install came back nearly instantly. I was thinking that maybe the 2.2 install was timing out (the error is suppressed if it does) but, no timeouts, just slow response.

I'll keep experimenting a bit because, if nothing else, it's got me curious and I love a good mystery but I'm not too concerned about it and have turned off the option for now on the 2.2 install.

Brilliant plugin, thanks for this guys.

I've just noticed however that the ebay parser doesn't seem to be rewriting eBay.com.au (AU) links or eBay.com.sg (SG) links.

I just tested all the other ebay links and everything else is working just fine. ebay.com is working fine also.

Is anyone else having this issue?

hello, we changed our hoster yesterday and our add-on has stopped working since then. every new amazon link is no longer resolved and appears as a "bot check".

Is there a solution for this?

The addon shouldn’t have anything to do with that. Check the settings and ensure nothing has changed. Also ensure all the addon files survived the transfer.

Does this add-on not work on Notices? Different forum areas we have will always feature links to purchase the latest product in the Notices, and I notice that the Amazon links are not parsing. I've had to add them manually.

Top Bottom