Amazon/eBay Parser

Amazon/eBay Parser 2.1.4

No permission to download
Great add-on thank you!

Confused by this language:

a.co shortcode links can contain affiliate IDs. Check this box to expand the a.co shortcode to it's full amazon.com URL. This can cause performance problems because the shortcode link must be fetched from amazon and that can cause a delay in processing. If this box is not checked, your affiliate ID will just be added to the shortcode link.

Okay so which is the performance problem, and which is recommended (checked or not) thanks!

I can't seem to get it to work. I have entered the US code but they are not attaching to links in posts. Any troubleshooting hints?

Enter your Amazon affiliate ID in these text boxes. Make sure to enter the appropriate affiliate id for the Amazon program locale you have joined. Multiple programs are supported. Leaving these all blank essentially disables the add-on.

So, mine are all blank. Now the add-on won't work? Confused.

Last edited:
I can't seem to get it to work. I have entered the US code but they are not attaching to links in posts. Any troubleshooting hints?

Enter your Amazon affiliate ID in these text boxes. Make sure to enter the appropriate affiliate id for the Amazon program locale you have joined. Multiple programs are supported. Leaving these all blank essentially disables the add-on.

So, mine are all blank. Now the add-on won't work? Confused.
If you've entered your affiliate ID in the US section then they should be being added.

If the affiliate IDs are all blank then you didn't enter a code in the US section and the answer is in what you posted. If you don't enter your amazon affiliate ID for the country you've joined then the add-on will disable itself.

Great add-on thank you!

Confused by this language:

a.co shortcode links can contain affiliate IDs. Check this box to expand the a.co shortcode to it's full amazon.com URL. This can cause performance problems because the shortcode link must be fetched from amazon and that can cause a delay in processing. If this box is not checked, your affiliate ID will just be added to the shortcode link.

Okay so which is the performance problem, and which is recommended (checked or not) thanks!
If an a.co shortcode link contains someone else's affiliate ID, the a.co link gets expanded to it's full URL so your affiliate ID can be used instead of the one in the shortcode link. The performance problem comes from the time that might be required to do that if there are a lot of links in a thread.

If you've entered your affiliate ID in the US section then they should be being added.

If the affiliate IDs are all blank then you didn't enter a code in the US section and the answer is in what you posted. If you don't enter your amazon affiliate ID for the country you've joined then the add-on will disable itself.

I figured it out. I was looking for it in the code of the post. BUT it is there when you click it. This is even better, so it is not seen in the code. Cheers!

I figured it out. I was looking for it in the code of the post. BUT it is there when you click it. This is even better, so it is not seen in the code. Cheers!
That would be correct. This add-on does not make any database changes so it wouldn't be in the code for the post itself.

It's not working on
Code:
https://amzn.to/******

type links, to change the ID. These are the most popular links since they are what amazon provides unless you select the full version.

I tested this with an ID and it did not change it to the one in settings.

It's not working on
Code:

type links, to change the ID. These are the most popular links since they are what amazon provides unless you select the full version.

No it won't. .to shortcode links aren't supported. Ozzy would need to add them.

If my website is running on HTTP, will your addon make request to ebay through HTTP or HTTPS?
It doesn't make any requests to the Amazon or Ebay API.

The only time the add-on makes a request is to Amazon when it gets a shortcode link to decode it. So, whatever link is posted by the user is what is requested.

Last edited:
It's not working on
Code:

Can you PC me an exact link so I can see if I can do something about it?

Top Bottom