Amazon/eBay Parser

Amazon/eBay Parser 2.1.4

No permission to download
EBay and Amazon required that they specifically be named. The generic did not suffice.
I don't think that's true. At least not for Ebay.
This is from their FAQ:

Disclosure Must Be Clear

When using written media with a link of any kind, consider using one of the following statements (or something similar):

i. “This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated”
ii. “As an eBay Partner, I may be compensated if you make a purchase”

And like I said, they approved the generic message I used.

I've been using the following (approved) message at the bottom of all my posts since I got the same email as @Stuart Wright

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

I added it using a template replacement (searching for ebay links) - but it will be great if this mod can do it for me :)

@Ozzy47 thanks for releasing this.
I want to make the message a little smaller.
Maybe with font-size: @xf-fontSizeSmall;
I see
Rich (BB code):
<div class="u-muted">
    {{ phrase('snog_amazon_ebay_affiliate_disclosure_explain') }}
</div>
What's the best way to apply a smaller font?
Thanks

I implemented the single option to display the default message under posts with eBay links and emailed the eBay team asking for confirmation that the solution is acceptable and just received this reply.
Dear Stuart,
Thank you for your prompt reply and for the information you have provided.
We have completed our review and do not require any additional information or action from you. We appreciate your quick response to bring your campaigns in compliance.
We thank you for your cooperation during this review process.
Best regards,
The eBay Partner Network Quality Team

Thank you very much for this. Unfortunately it is not providing the message below the posts on my site, even on the default style. Do I have to rebuild the styles or anything like that? I am running XF 2.1.4. Thanks again @Snog

Last edited:
Figured it out. The template modification was using a tag that is not present in the older version of XF my site is on. Manually changed it and all is well. Thanks for the update on the plugin!

I am not any where near Stuart in regards to eBay monetization, but for anybody else who got the notice from eBay...
I implemented the single option to display the default message under posts with eBay links and emailed the eBay team asking for confirmation that the solution is acceptable and just received this reply.

... I went with the 'hover over' and 'overlay' options and just heard back from EPN that the solution was also acceptable. So that's at least two variations of the possible options that have been give the OK by EPN. 👍

Figured it out. The template modification was using a tag that is not present in the older version of XF my site is on. Manually changed it and all is well. Thanks for the update on the plugin!
In which template have you made the change and which part of the code have you modified?

Top Bottom