XF 1.2 Am i allowed to move the Copyright?

Yes, you can move the copyright to a different location.
Interesting, thats not my interpretation from the License Agreement ...
All copies of the Software must contain the same proprietary notices that appear on and in the Software, including all copyright notices embedded in the Software, which must remain unaltered from the original and visible at all times, unless by specific prior arrangement with XenForo Limited.
To me, "unaltered" means location and presentation too.

Is your yes/agreeance that it can be moved based on official prior or directly received information/response, or only as a moderator also interpreting? If the later, not trying to say your wrong, but just to me 'unaltered' also means location, etc.

There are many third party styles which have changed the style and location of the copyright.
Yes, perhaps they have 'specific prior arrangement', are ignoring (or ignorant of) the license agreement, or XF have officially stated/confirmed your assertion that it can be moved and presentation/colouring changed. Just trying to ascertain which it is, not troll or troublemake.

If you want to take an absolute literal translation of the license agreement then you wouldn't even be able to change the colour of the copyright text to match your custom style, change the font face or size.

It is fine to move the copyright around within the footer area and also to change the colour, text size, etc.

What is not permitted is to change the wording in any way (edit the phrase) nor remove the hyperlink.

I hope that clarifies it.

Thanks, yes.
I'm just aware that a large site that an XF staff member recently (last 2-3 weeks) helped migrate to XF has no XF copyright showing. Without knowing if they purchased branding removal or have prior approval, it makes it a little difficult to follow exactly what you can and cannot do with the copyright.

If you want to take an absolute literal translation of the license agreement then you wouldn't even be able to change the colour of the copyright text to match your custom style, change the font face or size.

It is fine to move the copyright around within the footer area and also to change the colour, text size, etc.

What is not permitted is to change the wording in any way (edit the phrase) nor remove the hyperlink.

I believe you could even move the copyright anywhere on the site, like on the top of the page, right? It just has to be visible.

Thanks, yes.
I'm just aware that a large site that an XF staff member recently (last 2-3 weeks) helped migrate to XF has no XF copyright showing.
There are only two instances where the copyright would be missing: one is legally by purchasing the branding free option, of which we are able to check by looking at the customer account, the second is by breaching the license agreement.
In the case of the latter, we "remind" those customers to replace it.

I believe you could even move the copyright anywhere on the site, like on the top of the page, right? It just has to be visible.
No, that wouldn't be permitted.
It must remain in the footer area.

Top Bottom