• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Am I allowed to sell my RM?

snoopy5

Hi,

I currently onw two RM licences. I would like to know what I am allowed to do with it, in case I do not need them anymore.

Am I allowed to sell these RM licences (I want to keep XF forum licence)
Am I ony allowed to sell the RM together with the linked XF licence?
Can I "pause" upgrades from RM (i.e. if I deinstall it) and only upgrade my XF forum licence until maybe in 10 years I have a need for the RM again?

Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Official add-on licenses are tied to the parent XF license, so they can't be sold separately.

You can't 'pause' renewals for official add-ons.
You can have it removed from your license but you would have to purchase it again if you wanted to use it again in the future.

snoopy5

Thanks for the clarification.

So the only way not to loose money would be then to sell the RM together with the XF licence and then buy immediatley again a XF licence for my forum. Is this correct?

Mr Lucky

So the only way not to loose money would be then to sell the RM together with the XF licence and then buy immediatley again a XF licence for my forum. Is this correct?
I think you'd likely lose money doing that, due to the depreciation on the value of the xenforo licence itself which cost way more than RM.

snoopy5

Yes. That's clear. I would loose money either way. The question would only be, which way would be the smaller loss :(

But I still hope that I can somehow use RM for the kind of Review section I need it for on my forums. I have to check all scenarios cost-wise and decide then which way to go...