Alternative for Google Reader

I'm quite liking the Feedly desktop client (Chrome extension) - you have to hunting for the settings to make it work the way you want, but it's fairly flexible.

However I'm much less impressed with the Feedly Android client, which is missing some key features of the desktop version and is not intuitive at all - especially when it comes to marking items as read. It also just keeps displaying things the way it thinks is best and won't give me exactly what I want.

This is the problem I have with most "pretty" readers out there at the moment - they force their own ideas about which items are "important", when all I want to do is scan through the list of news items and pick the ones I want to read. Dead easy in Reader, very difficult in just about everything else!

However I'm much less impressed with the Feedly Android client

I've been using the Feedly Android client on my tablet for the past couple of weeks and I have grown more comfortable with it. It's by no means perfect - but I've learned how to make it do most of what I want, and I note that they are actively developing new features to improve the user experience on Android.

The one thing I like best about the Android client is that it is fast - I find the UI more responsive than Google Reader was.

Top Bottom