1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Alternate Addon for Bookmarking Posts?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by DRE, Sep 17, 2013.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Are there any alternate addon's for book marking posts besides syndol's bookmarks?

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Not that I know of. What's wrong with syndols bookmarking add-on?

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Nothing's wrong with it. @Luke Foreman Post Rating addon clashes with @sonnb XenGallery so I fixed it by changing the Callback Execution Order. When I did that everything was fine until I noticed that the bookmarking profile page tab disappeared. When I clicked XenGallery Member Profile Page tab it showed bookmarks instead. Kind of confusing right but I don't even think most people use bookmarks so I uninstalled it for now. I still want some kind of way to bookmark stuff though. I hate it when addons clash.

4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Perhaps make some suggestions to Syndol if you have any ideas that might improve the bookmarking add-on that may entice more people to use it if this is partially the issue you have for looking for an alternative. I just don't think you'll get another feature rich alternative like syndols bookmark if ever so it might be better making a request to him or suggestion.

Did you find an alternative?

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Syndol gets grumpy sometimes so I'll have to figure out by myself how to fix my issues. In the meantime I was offered an alternative that works with better blogs and was created by another developer who created their own version of a bookmarking addon a long time ago but never released it.

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

turns out one of my fontawesome edits was conflicting with a template modification in the bookmarks addon. Got it working now.