Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted

cclaerhout

Code:
[B]Fatal error[/B]: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 105483 bytes) in [B]/home/{myfolder}/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php[/B] on line [B]276[/B]

I often get this message when I'm rebuilding my cache, especially when I'm rebuilding my templates. One solution is to wait then after a few minutes, it's working again.

My question is what is the recommended memory for XenForo. I would need this information before contacting my host.

Thank you :)

I have a memory limit with 128MB and have not seen this message , maybe this is ok.
Thank you, I will contact it at the end of this week to see if it's possible to increase this memory limit.

I should precise that I've got this message since I've started to convert my vBulletin styles (4 styles+the default style).

That error means your PHP memory_limit is 32M and your host does not allow you to override it at run time. XenForo sets a limit of 128M but obviously that isn't reflected in the error message.

Ask your host for 128M at least.

That error means your PHP memory_limit is 32M and your host does not allow you to override it at run time. XenForo sets a limit of 128M but obviously that isn't reflected in the error message.

I did it a few hours ago, and my demand was accepted a few minutes later (it's really a great host :love:). Everything is working fine now. Thanks Jake.

Jake, I finished to modify my templates and I now want to import my vB3.8 attachments to XenForo. The import script goes to almost 92 then send me this error:
Code:
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 53739520) (tried to allocate 4296 bytes) in /home/{myfolder}/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Image/Gd.php on line 69

I would like to be sure this error is similar to the previous one and to know if it could come from only 1 attachment or if it's a global memory problem.
P.S: When I relaunch the script (after deleting in the xf_attachment table a range of attachments to prevent the "duplicaty entry" message), I still have the out of memory message.

Edit: I've checked the image that couldn't be imported... it's just a simple jpeg of about 2.7 Mo. Nothing special here.

Top Bottom