1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by cclaerhout, Dec 11, 2012.

1. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

Code:
    [B]Fatal error[/B]: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 105483 bytes) in [B]/home/{myfolder}/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php[/B] on line [B]276[/B]
    I often get this message when I'm rebuilding my cache, especially when I'm rebuilding my templates. One solution is to wait then after a few minutes, it's working again.

My question is what is the recommended memory for XenForo. I would need this information before contacting my host.

Thank you :)

2. principia

principia Well-Known Member

I have a memory limit with 128MB and have not seen this message , maybe this is ok.

cclaerhout likes this.
  3. cclaerhout

Thank you, I will contact it at the end of this week to see if it's possible to increase this memory limit.

I should precise that I've got this message since I've started to convert my vBulletin styles (4 styles+the default style).

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That error means your PHP memory_limit is 32M and your host does not allow you to override it at run time. XenForo sets a limit of 128M but obviously that isn't reflected in the error message.

Ask your host for 128M at least.

cclaerhout likes this.
  5. cclaerhout

I did it a few hours ago, and my demand was accepted a few minutes later (it's really a great host :love:). Everything is working fine now. Thanks Jake.

principia likes this.
  6. cclaerhout

Jake, I finished to modify my templates and I now want to import my vB3.8 attachments to XenForo. The import script goes to almost 92 then send me this error:
    Code:
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 53739520) (tried to allocate 4296 bytes) in /home/{myfolder}/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Image/Gd.php on line 69
    I would like to be sure this error is similar to the previous one and to know if it could come from only 1 attachment or if it's a global memory problem.
    P.S: When I relaunch the script (after deleting in the xf_attachment table a range of attachments to prevent the "duplicaty entry" message), I still have the out of memory message.

Edit: I've checked the image that couldn't be imported... it's just a simple jpeg of about 2.7 Mo. Nothing special here.

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Resizing an image can take much more memory than the file size of the original image. Gotta increase your memory_limit in PHP. Ask your host.

cclaerhout likes this.
  8. cclaerhout

We succeeded... but it required 256 Mo for one small jpeg ^^

Thank you Jake