• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Allowed memory size exhausted when deleting usergroup

whyweprotest

I am trying to do some usergroups cleanup.. our old vb3 board had gotten a bit crazy with different groups and we need to simplify things now. As part of an older spam-issue, we had an 'elevated' group that we moved users into once things were verified. So this means that this group has a lot of folks in it that I would like to get back to the 'Registered' group within XF.

However, when doing so, I encounter the following error:

Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304
my db-fu is a bit weak admittedly, so I'm not certain if that is a hard coded variable within the Zend framework, or an issue with my my.cnf having some too-low settings. Any advice on how to proceed would be helpful.

Oh, and yeah, the group has 25k people in it.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Oh, and yeah, the group has 25k people in it.
That's the main problem currently, as there's a lot to do. There was a bug report about this and it's something I'll try to look into in a future version. Mass user editing tools would also help.

Or you can try manually moving the users with a database query:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user
SET user_group_id = 2
WHERE user_group_id = 3
Change the group ids appropriately.
That query will sort of work - the permission_combination_id needs to be updated accordingly, which really isn't feasible to do via a query, at least not for everyone. If you know the old combination ID that corresponds to a particular setup and you have the combination ID that matches that setup with a different primary user group ID, then you could change both the group and the combination ID... though there's also a cache in another table too. So all in all, that's a dangerous approach. :)