Implemented Allow vote changes on polls, be able to specify number of options & add poll to existing thread

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
When creating a poll, you can allow multiple responses but not how many.
For example, how can I allow only 2 choices out of 10?

Also, vote changing should be permitted but this isn't an option when creating a poll.

Lastly, it's not possible to add a poll to an existing thread when editing the first post. My members would really miss this functionality.

Upvote 72
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've been searching these suggestions forums for about 2 weeks now reporting duplicates, implemented, etc. I got damn good at search and finding these suggestion threads. (AKA, when I'm pissed at programming at work I do it for ~15 minutes).

Yeah I was baffled by the page reference Andy made because now I'm used to xenforos way of describing the pages such as forum_list, forum_view, thread_view etc and not vb titling method, thank god not that it helps me when I'm staring at the screen with a baffled look on my face.

But credit where credit is due you are getting pretty damn Fast you.... you... *shakes fist in the air and rages* But yeah, you've beaten Brogan to the punch a few times I've noticed. :D Brogan was unavailable for comment why he's was beaten those few times. :LOL:

edit: @KK you can expect an Audi and/or BMW coming crashing into your house, prepare yourself.

I no longer bother searching for them.
No need, when I know you will :D
I mean, when I get messages telling me to search for stuff, what am I supposed to do? I can't help you're getting lazy! :sneaky::ROFLMAO::D

Yeah I was baffled by the page reference Andy made because now I'm used to xenforos way of describing the pages such as forum_list, forum_view, thread_view etc and not vb titling method, thank god not that it helps me when I'm staring at the screen with a baffled look on my face.

But credit where credit is due you are getting pretty damn Fast you.... you... *shakes fist in the air and rages* But yeah, you've beaten Brogan to the punch a few times I've noticed. :D Brogan was unavailable for comment why he's was beaten those few times. :LOL:

edit: @KK you can expect an Audi and/or BMW coming crashing into your house, prepare yourself.
Haha, you think he knows that?! I've beaten him quite a few more times than you can imagine (a lot of those "Implemented in 1.2" came from reports I made. lol). I can't take away his glory all the time.

Have you heard the phrase: "why have a dog and bark yourself"?

:D

:LOL: You watch, the next support thread will probably left without a response for weeks now. *hates seeing 0 responded threads* it'll be difficult but someone has to do it, or in this case not. Now there's a challenge, shame for the poor OP who'll be waiting a lifetime to get the answer to his/her burning question.

Sorry for referring to forumdisplay, yes I meant forum_view. I still don't have the exact nomenclature for Xenforo memorized.

As for the icon, I must have edited that out in my templates, because it doesn't show.

I think I'll leave it edited out and opt to make the word "Poll: " inserted at the beginning of the thread title. This makes it really easy to use the search function to find polls.

Sorry for referring to forumdisplay, yes I meant forum_view. I still don't have the exact nomenclature for Xenforo memorized.

As for the icon, I must have edited that out in my templates, because it doesn't show.

I think I'll leave it edited out and opt to make the word "Poll: " inserted at the beginning of the thread title. This makes it really easy to use the search function to find polls.

I didn't mean it as a dig just that for a while I was doing the same but now am so used to xenforo I refer to their page titling. No apology required. :)

In the default installation, no icon exists in the thread listing (forum_view/forumdisplay).

It works fine, I use it all the time.

Found the problem. When merging the two threads, you need to select the new thread as the thread title. It defaults to the older thread and if you take the default it doesn't work.

I should have read your instruction more carefully.

make sure the destination thread is the new one and do not leave a redirect

I think this is necessary in a situation where a member votes incorrectly on accident. Right now, their vote must stand, without an edit.

Top Bottom