Not planned Allow users ignore moderators / administrators

rafass

Scenario: a board where nobody knows who is moderator.
Would be great if there are an easy way to allow users ignore without restrictions.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The solution is simple, really. Ensure that your own staff is complying with the rules and any contract you write up and isn't making up excuses to warn people and the like.

If the staff is still issuing bogus warnings and such, well, they get demoted.

You are right, but these two are women, sometimes they do not realize how out of bounds, and sensitive to indications of this. Other members of the team are forced to spend time on the admonitions I would like to simplify the life of all.

In any case, the local moderator should not has excess rights out of his domain, so I ask to corrent forum code.

I would like to simplify the life of all
Simple solution - demote the moderator who is causing the issues.

Changing the functionality so that users can ignore moderators is a bad idea, as it means that any user can ignore any moderator and therefore would miss out on any legitimate communications from them.

Changing the functionality so that users can ignore moderators is a bad idea, as it means that any user can ignore any moderator and therefore would miss out on any legitimate communications from them.
Ignore not everywhere, but only where moderator has the same rights as ordinary member. It's like you communicate with some as policeman at his service and as yourself in other time. What's wrong in such idea?

Ignore not everywhere, but only where moderator has the same rights as ordinary member. It's like you communicate with some as policeman at his service and as yourself in other time. What's wrong in such idea?
There are a load of technical issues with what you're proposing.

Ignoring someone is a global thing, so there's no way to conditionally ignore someone, based on factors such as permissions or content location.

Aside from that, it's a moot point. We're not making a change here, hence the "Not Planned" prefix. With that in mind, your suggestion would be better implemented via custom development.

Top Bottom