Allow us to view attachments

PM me the addon you want to see and I'll see what I can do.
I do understand the presales dilemma ... you are interested in xenforo .. but you cannot fully evaluate it ... because you need some addon functionality.

You need a license to view attachments.

I understand that, but I think the forum needs to be setup in a manner so Screenshots are viewable by everyone, just the code files for the plugins are blocked until you have a license.

And that guests can post questions to the developers of these plugins in the plugin thread.

This is a binary permission limitation, the permissions do not differentiate between images and attachments at this time. As you must be a valid licensed member with an associated account to download attachments (add-ons, styles, etc), this limitation will apply to screenshots as well. I believe a suggestion was made to change this.

Awesome, well thank you everyone. I hope the suggestion can be completed one day allowing this to be the best forum software avaialbe. I know it is a bunch of work and effort to complete everything. Keep it up.

We work hard to maintain a balance and this is the current position with unlicensed members permissions. It is a good and reasonable approach.

A huge part of this balance (which hasn't been mentioned) is the help, support and encouragement offered by the community. Ask a question and the community has answers and examples - a remarkable community.

We work hard to maintain a balance and this is the current position with unlicensed members permissions. It is a good and reasonable approach.

A huge part of this balance (which hasn't been mentioned) is the help, support and encouragement offered by the community. Ask a question and the community has answers and examples - a remarkable community.
Whilst that's a valid example if people bother to register and ask, but how many people just browse onto the site, can't see a screenshot and then go away without asking for more info.

I appreciate that those who really want to find out more will more than likely ask, but equally, a picture speaks a thousand words and could well trigger someone into asking for more information. How many times have you seen a picture or screenshot of something and thought "blimey, that looks good" and its the visual representation that has got your attention in the way that words simply don't.

imo, its something that should be a high priority to get addressed.

IMHO the solution is to ask developers to post a demo for their addon. Demo is better than screenshot. Also host images in another image host can be a solution...

I do have to agree, developers could host their screenshots on another site to let non-customers see a demo of their modification. I would be all for this.

Top Bottom