Allow translate more things, user group, user tittle, etc..[Multi-lingual forums]

For everything listed here, phrases aren't really needed, personally. Since you choose the names for all of these things upon creating/editing, you can easily create a forum called Libros de Manzanas or what have you.

Users who handle only 1 language in their boards will never face this kind of issues. BUT if you're attempting to build a multi-lingual community, that will be a problem. There are a lot of simple things that should be easy to translate. why not?. Adding the possibility to translate that things to more languages will not hurt anybody.

in the case of the style names, I've "solved" the problem temporally using symbols (because in my case is easy)

Screen shot 2015-06-20 at 9.58.03 AM.webp

But.. how about if you want to have more styles and you have a board with 3 or more languages?
but, user tittles? banners? and nodes? how can I translate that?

In the case of the node names mentioned by @joey_tbf I've solved that using long conditionals to show certain nodes depending the language selected and separate nodes for each language. That works fine now.
If someone are interested on this, just let me know.

--

There are millions of persons wondering why social networks are killing forums:
Screen shot 2015-06-20 at 10.35.45 AM.webp

Certainly social networks are doing a good job, and this is probably one of the reasons why they have millions of users.
Because they are available many languages:

Screen shot 2015-06-20 at 10.36.21 AM.webp

Adding more language criteria and improving the feature to translate everything to more languages will help so much to grow up multi-lingual communities.

If Facebook is that much better than forums, why don't you try using Facebook instead?

Let us know how you get on setting up your nodes, permissions, setting up the options, installing add-ons, customising the style, creating trophies and warnings, etc.

If Facebook is that much better than forums, why don't you try using Facebook instead?
Let us know how you get on setting up your nodes, permissions, setting up the options, installing add-ons, customising the style, creating trophies and warnings, etc.
[?]
You are probably misinterpreting my words.
All I'm saying is that actually there are things that can not be translated to other languages and would be great if that's possible. I'm talking about translations in multi-lingual forums only.

Some addons can improve things, but there are a lot of things that xenforo does not have multilingual functions for.
A band-aid solution that I see many webmasters taking is just to have multiple xenforo installations.
Translations is an area where xenforo could improve a lot in.

Top Bottom