Implemented Allow searching of soft deleted threads/posts/profile posts

digitalpoint

We use search extensively to find spammers, people slinging the same crap from the same websites, etc. It was quite a shock when I realized that soft deleted threads, posts and profile posts aren't searchable by mods/admins. Digging a bit, I realized the DataWriters actually delete the soft deleted items from the search index completely.

I ended up changing that and now posts, threads and profile posts that are soft deleted are searchable by mods/admins (the system already filters them out of search results for users who can't see them normally).

But it got me thinking... Why does XF by default go out of it's way to make soft deleted items not searchable for mods/admins?

Upvote 91
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
@au lait hint me to this: admin.php?threads/batch-update

Here we can search for and hard delete, move, or what ever you wish to do with soft deleted posts. I dont use it bevore, but it works. ;)

That's fine, it mostly comes up for us in a typical spam situation when we've got mods soft-deleting hundreds of spam posts via the spam cleaner but they're not searchable/selectable for hard-deletion by the admins outside the ACP, which is a bit of an inconvenience.

I am asking that where all soft deleted posts showing and how to find out?
Go to a user profile -> Find all content, then if that user have deleted posts you will see them. There is no option like vBulletin where you can see all the deleted posts or threads in the forum As far as I know.

Top Bottom