Allow editing of report comments

Report comments cannot be edited. This is annoying when the staff member makes a mistake. It gets really unhandy when someone reports personal information and that information is now duplicated to the report. Or if staff posts personal information to the report in comments. This information later needs to be removed as its not allowed to indefinitely store personal information. If we get a GDPR request we also cannot comply with it if PII is stored in reports. There is no way to delete the report or edit information out.

Please add functionality for this.

Last edited:
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere yet, so hopefully for 2.2.1 if not 2.2? It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to add since other content can already be edited.

Report comments cannot be edited. This is annoying when the staff member makes a mistake. It gets really unhandy when someone reports personal information and that information is now duplicated to the report. Or if staff posts personal information to the report in comments. This information later needs to be removed as its not allowed to indefinitely store personal information. If we get a GDPR request we also cannot comply with it if PII is stored in reports. There is no way to delete the report or edit information out.

Please add functionality for this.

I currently have this problem...

I'm hopeful there's been an update I've missed?

waiting gif GIF

I have a free add-on which implements report comment editing (and other QoL features for the report center):

Top Bottom