Implemented Allow custom BBCode

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I know this has been discussed on various threads but as far as I am aware, the request hasn't been made directly to allow custom BBCode.

I have about 50 or so custom BBCodes in use on my site which are added easily via the ACP.
I would like to see the same functionality in XF as these codes are crucial to the functionality of my site.

Additionally, if there is a simple way of adding custom BB Code buttons to the TinyMCE editor then that would be extremely useful.

Upvote 69
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I know this has been discussed on various threads but as far as I am aware, the request hasn't been made directly to allow custom BBCode.

I have about 50 or so custom BBCodes in use on my site which are added easily via the ACP.
I would like to see the same functionality in XF as these codes are crucial to the functionality of my site.

Additionally, if there is a simple way of adding custom BB Code buttons to the TinyMCE editor then that would be extremely useful.
I'm really hoping to see a "Implemented in 1.2" response post in this thread about a stock solution for custom BB codes. :whistle::D

I asked cause of this: BbCodes & Buttons Manager
I can say that I'm fine with writing most BB-Codes without support of the editor but there are still some more complex one where it's better to use an working editor.
So I ask my self if I should like the new editor or not as it looks like the editor makes it harder for addon authors.

Top Bottom