Lack of interest Allow access to XenForo_ControllerAdmin in installer

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Jake B.

Sometimes it would be nice if I had access to show some options during installation/upgrade of an Add-on and there is no easy way that I'm aware of to do this other than having the add-on installer just install a route for the 'actual' installer which would just cause more confusion. Don't know if this makes sense, but it'd be nice :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can redirect to a specific page after the install has completed.

PHP:
XenForo_Application::set('addOnRedirect', XenForo_Link::buildAdminLink('any/page/you/want'));

Not exactly the same, but can be useful if you want to direct users to a specific task to complete after the install has finished.

That will accomplish what I want though! Never knew this was a thing, XF really needs documentation for these kinds of things :p. It isn't very often that I go digging through the Add-on installer controller ;)

After. Not sure what use it would be before :)

See XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn::actionInstall() by the way, that's where it all happens. Ignore the comments about it being an ugly hack ;)

Top Bottom