1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Allow access to XenForo_ControllerAdmin in installer

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Jake B., Jun 18, 2015.

1. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

Sometimes it would be nice if I had access to show some options during installation/upgrade of an Add-on and there is no easy way that I'm aware of to do this other than having the add-on installer just install a route for the 'actual' installer which would just cause more confusion. Don't know if this makes sense, but it'd be nice :)

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can redirect to a specific page after the install has completed.

PHP:
    XenForo_Application::set('addOnRedirect'XenForo_Link::buildAdminLink('any/page/you/want'));
    Not exactly the same, but can be useful if you want to direct users to a specific task to complete after the install has finished.

Daniel Hood and Bob like this.
  3. Jake B.

That will accomplish what I want though! Never knew this was a thing, XF really needs documentation for these kinds of things :p. It isn't very often that I go digging through the Add-on installer controller ;)

4. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

I didn't know either! :D
    One question: Will the user be redirected after the deferred tasks are completed? Or before?

5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

After. Not sure what use it would be before :)

See XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn::actionInstall() by the way, that's where it all happens. Ignore the comments about it being an ugly hack ;)

6. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

hehe... you never know :p

7. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Thanks for the laugh ;)

I've known about this little trick for a while (I get bored), however I never really understood why it would be useful...

Liam

8. Jake B.

If it is very important that they configure options for the addon as soon as possible.

Kintaro likes this.