Resource icon

All Rich Usernames 1.1.0

No permission to download

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
This sounds great @Liam W - I have changed to rich usernames in two templates myself - node_forum_level_2 and node_category_level_2 will this add on effect those template mods? And, where else will it change the usernames to rich?

Thanks,

This sounds great @Liam W - I have changed to rich usernames in two templates myself - node_forum_level_2 and node_category_level_2 will this add on effect those template mods? And, where else will it change the usernames to rich?

Thanks,

This addon doesn't actually change the <xen:username> tags to rich tags, it directly overrides the code for that tag to make them rich.

So, if <xen:username> is used, it'll be rich :)

Liam

Nope, nothing bad will happen, but this addon does what that addon does as well (this addon just does more as well).

Liam
One more thing - I signed up on your site to download and have still not received confirmation. tommydamic68 is the username. Resend confirmation email?

Excellnt add-on. Thanks. :)

I'm playing with it on my localhost test forum and after installing it my forum home debug stats went from:

Timing: 0.5040 seconds Memory: 8.240 MB DB Queries: 14

To:

Timing: 0.7110 seconds Memory: 8.503 MB DB Queries: 60

In forum view went from:

Timing: 0.4770 seconds Memory: 7.391 MB DB Queries: 12

To

Timing: 0.4170 seconds Memory: 8.126 MB DB Queries: 40

Is this normal?

Excellnt add-on. Thanks. :)

I'm playing with it on my localhost test forum and after installing it my forum home debug stats went from:

Timing: 0.5040 seconds Memory: 8.240 MB DB Queries: 14

To:

Timing: 0.7110 seconds Memory: 8.503 MB DB Queries: 60

Is this normal?

Unfortunately, yes. The more forums you have, the higher it'll be.

For the rich username to be displayed, it has to know the styling group id. This is provided in some instances automatically. If it isn't, the addon gets it, which results in a query.

Liam

Nice and helpfull. (y)

Can you make a option or a addon to do this with styled forum node names? So if an forum node name is in Forumlist in red to see, so it would be also in xenportas "Last threads" or in the widget "Last activity" or ... ;)

Top Bottom