XF 1.1 All New Threads Being Posted As Replies Into Old Threads

TheJoker

Hi, I'm running 1.1.4, and I just set up some RSS/Registered feeds. My problem is that the content being pulled from the RSS feeds is being posted into old threads from various places on the forum.

For example, I just created a section so that it had zero posts. I set up the feed, ran the import, and it pulled a random thread, put it in the new section, and replied to it with the RSS content.

Here's the site: http://sociallydeficient.com/

Admin CP access available upon request; any help appreciated!

EDIT: For example: this section had zero posts: http://sociallydeficient.com/forums/the-coliseum.55/

I ran the RSS import, and it picked a bunch of threads that were in a private section, moved them, and then posted the new content as a reply.

Any addons? Try disabling them.

I looked at the code and I don't see how this can happen unless there is some problem in the database. If the problem persists then send me admin and FTP logins and I will take a look.

Any addons? Try disabling them.

I looked at the code and I don't see how this can happen unless there is some problem in the database. If the problem persists then send me admin and FTP logins and I will take a look.

Yeah I have a few add-ons, but I don't believe any are causing the issue since they've been installed since I installed XenForo and have never had this problem. I'll PM you the info now. Thanks Jake.

It was a problem in the database. It appears that several thousand threads were deleted by manually pruning xf_thread, but the posts were left in the database. So those posts resurfaced as their thread_ids were reused.

I increased the autoincrement value in xf_thread to be higher than the highest used thread_id. Now there is no more overlap.

For future reference, manually deleting threads from the db usually isn't a good idea.

It was a problem in the database. It appears that several thousand threads were deleted by manually pruning xf_thread, but the posts were left in the database. So those posts resurfaced as their thread_ids were reused.

I increased the autoincrement value in xf_thread to be higher than the highest used thread_id. Now there is no more overlap.

For future reference, manually deleting threads from the db usually isn't a good idea.

Thanks so much Jake!

Top Bottom