1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All my members imported as new members

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by sophie1204, Feb 21, 2012.

1. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

Every one of my members imported as a new member, and they're not. I've edited the user groups and nothing's changed. Any advice?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

XenForo's user titles are based on trophies. They will be awarded trophies after they visit.
  3. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

I can understand that in a new forum, but my forum has been around for a long time. I'd prefer that they not be listed as new members. Is there anything I can do about this?
  4. sophie1204

sophie1204 Active Member

And is there anyway to get rid of the trophy system entirely?
  5. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

The effects are only temporary. After your members post a little, they'll be quickly labeled as either "member" or "well-known". Sadly there is no way to avoid this temporary draw back.

This actually is how imports to most any community works..... The importer automatically assumes you're importing 1 site into an existing community and so, those members would technically be new members to the already established community (host community).

The effects though are only temporary.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. EasyTarget

EasyTarget Well-Known Member

I followed Jake's suggestion. I ran the cron job; editing the log in date into batches of 6 months 0-6months, 6-12months, etc.. Each time it finished in about 3-5 seconds. Processed 1,5 million members. No worries.