Fixed All mulitiquotes removed when you just remove one.

Mr Lucky

Affected version
Originally i was not going to post this as a bug, because it isn't happening here.
Then I found it is happening on many other xf2 forums (not just mine ) e.g. @MattW and @Liam W

• Make two or more multiquote selections
  • Click on Insert Quotes
  • In the list of quotes, click on Remove for one of the quotes

All quotes are removed and the box closes

Over the last few days I've tried several times to reproduce this, and I haven't been able to at all.

Not sure if it could be specific to a particular browser / version. Is it something that can be reproduced on other sites consistently or only sometimes? When it doesn't work correctly, is there any pattern to the quotes? Quotes from the same users? Different users? Same thread? etc.

On Matt's forum it happens with Firefox and Chrome but not Safari (all mac browsers)

It is consistent, happens every time.

Quotes from same/different users.

I did a video screenshot, but don't seem to be able to upload videos here anymore, even though I have enough quota available.

I think it relates to select to quote + multi quote. Mr Lucky sent this a while back:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Aaaah okay, I see the cause - all the quotes in the video from @Mr Lucky came from a single post - and IIRC, we key the quotes in the MQ popup by post_id, so deleting one would definitely kill them all. I'd never even considered multiple MQs from a single post...

Yes, it happens if you select multiple quotes from one post - even here. It doesn't happen if you select multiple quotes from multiple posts.

Last edited:
It makes sense to have multiple quotes from a sing
Aaaah okay, I see the cause - all the quotes in the video from @Mr Lucky came from a single post - and IIRC, we key the quotes in the MQ popup by post_id, so deleting one would definitely kill them all. I'd never even considered multiple MQs from a single post...
i do it quite often, e.g. when there is a long post making several different points

It turns out we don't key solely on post_id, so I need to find out why removing one removes all...

Well that would do it...
JavaScript:
removeMessage: function(e)
{
    e.preventDefault();

var $item = $(e.target).closest('.nestable-item'),
        messageId = parseInt($item.data('id')),
        overlay = this.mqOverlay;

this.removeFromMultiQuote(messageId);

Top Bottom