All alerts should have email notification options

And it seems I have liked it. I must have forgotten.

It makes sense to me that anything you may want to know about and get an alert should have the option to notify by email

It makes sense to me that anything you may want to know about and get an alert should have the option to notify by email
I guess provided there's an option in the ACP for admins to decide which email alerts they want users to have the option to enable. On busy boards, emails for Likes could mean an awful lot of emails are being sent which could be problematic on a number of fronts.

I agree that all alerts should be available for email notification. It helps to make the community feel more active and alive, and members feel like to feel a part of that. People using social media already receive many notifications and are addicted to them.

Sure some people will feel overwhelmed (personally I'd rather not receive so many emails) so give them the ability to opt out in every email and their account settings. Having options in the ACP so admins can choose which their forum sends out is essential too. Another option for busy forums is to send them in digest format at specified intervals.

I agree that all alerts should be available for email notification. It helps to make the community feel more active and alive, and members feel like to feel a part of that. People using social media already receive many notifications and are addicted to them.

Sure some people will feel overwhelmed (personally I'd rather not receive so many emails) so give them the ability to opt out in every email and their account settings. Having options in the ACP so admins can choose which their forum sends out is essential too. Another option for busy forums is to send them in digest format at specified intervals.
That's an excellent idea, get a digest. Agree.

I will push it again.

I moved from vBulletin to Xenforo and the user would like to have all notifications via email as berfore.

The users should have the ability to opt-in/out email alerts and on busy boards the emails should send in charges with crons.

A digest email would do the trick. Everything the user could be alerted for sent out in one email on a daily or weekly basis in an easy to read format.

There still exists addons for digests like DBtech Mail.
If you buy from DB any more.

But seriously, stuff like this should be core instead of having to buy it in from threadloom etc.

Xen are absolutely missing a trick by not creating business-building tools like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom