Alien Babble

I would ditch all the sexist imagery, unless all you want is a very specific immature male userbase. Which is fine if that is what you want.

MJbGkXO.png

Last edited:
You should read around on that board - they don't have the element you describe at all.
I totally get wut @Mr Lucky is suggesting because is not the first time i've heard it. And I appreciate it. On THIS THREAD, I went over the reasons for Babble Babe. But ppl are not mind readers, so their first impression is justified :X3:. I've also used the default style with no significant increase of members or quality of posts, which confirms that content is wut is important :)

Absolutely. No question about it
When I first visited your site, the "sexist imagery" didn't faze me at all. When I see the word "alien" in extraterrestrial context, I already know it's a fantasy site. Content is King, Context is Queen. Is that sexist? :p

We can go with kneejerk "book by its cover" stereotypes, or we can be intelligent and look further. Keep doing what you're doing.

When I first visited your site, the "sexist imagery" didn't faze me at all. When I see the word "alien" in extraterrestrial context, I already know it's a fantasy site. Content is King, Context is Queen. Is that sexist? :p

We can go with kneejerk "book by its cover" stereotypes, or we can be intelligent and look further. Keep doing what you're doing.
I like you :)

When I see the word "alien" in extraterrestrial context, I already know it's a fantasy site.
It could well be fantasy, or it could be discussions of actual actual or supposed sightings whether fantasy or not. So I would not immediately assume fantasy. However, even if it is, I see the logo as irrelevant to the word fantasy anyway. (in the context of extra terrestrial science fiction/fact alien life)
Content is King, Context is Queen. Is that sexist? :p
No, why would it be?
I'm not sure why you are assuming I made a knee-jerk reactions or lack intelligence. Nor did I judge the book by it's cover - however an effective logo maybe should be relevant to the content of the site. If the site is dedicated to extraterrestrial aliens that for whatever unlikely reason look like cartoon human females with large fake looking breasts, then it would be a fine logo. I merely commented on the logo being gratuitously sexist. Gratuitous because as far as I can tell it has very little to do with the content. Now if she had an extra breast, that would be awesome :)

It could well be fantasy, or it could be discussions of actual actual or supposed sightings whether fantasy or not. So I would not immediately assume fantasy. However, even if it is, I see the logo as irrelevant to the word fantasy anyway. (in the context of extra terrestrial science fiction/fact alien life)

No, why would it be?

I'm not sure why you are assuming I made a knee-jerk reactions or lack intelligence. Nor did I judge the book by it's cover - however an effective logo maybe should be relevant to the content of the site. If the site is dedicated to extraterrestrial aliens that for whatever unlikely reason look like cartoon human females with large fake looking breasts, then it would be a fine logo. I merely commented on the logo being gratuitously sexist. Gratuitous because as far as I can tell it has very little to do with the content. Now if she had an extra breast, that would be awesome :)
I vote for an extra breast! :P

It could well be fantasy, or it could be discussions of actual actual or supposed sightings whether fantasy or not.
Because, you didn't read any of the threads?
I'm not sure why you are assuming I made a knee-jerk reactions or lack intelligence.
I didn't make any assumptions at all, only told what I do.... BUT

Did you read any of the threads?

People who are looking for PC violations are gonna find them quick.

Because, you didn't read any of the threads?

Oh yes I did
People who are looking for PC violations are gonna find them quick.

This is nothing to do with what I think you mean by PC violations. Those are absolutely fine (marketing-wise) in the right context.

I'm not sure what you mean, I was just giving honest feedback and was thinking about marketing audience targeting. The forum looks good mostly but needs to attract more users and activity IMO, so I commented on something that I think is crucial in that aspect. A logo is a big part of how a site presents itself and something like this could well alienate (ha!) a large part of potential users who will find that kind of objectification offensive, and possibly attract another demographic expecting something the site does not obviously offer.

As I said, it should be no problem whatsoever in a context where the logo fits with the content of the site, or when the logo actively attracts, or does not deter, the demographic you seek.

Top Bottom