• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Camping Babble - An outdoor enthusiasts' community

eberkund

Hey XenForo users,

I'm looking for some criticisms, compliments, advice or other opinions on my camping forum. I have been running it for a little over 2 years and about a year ago I switched it over from MyBB to XenForo. Then this week I created a brand new retina-ready theme from scratch. I'm running quite a few add-ons so a big thanks to all the wonderful mod authors out there.

Visit Camping Babble

Russ

Looks nice :) I noticed the screenshot when you were asking for help regarding the search icon and was impressed.

Also don't forget the login bar :D appears to be default colors

eberkund

Looks nice :) I noticed the screenshot when you were asking for help regarding the search icon and was impressed.

Also don't forget the login bar :D appears to be default colors
Yes, there are still a few small little things like that which I still need to fix. Shhhh.

Thanks for the kind words though, it means a lot coming from an established skinner like yourself :D

Pretty awesome simple and catchy ! I like it ...i guess it's custom theme right .
Thanks, yep it is custom although sorta inspired by the old MyBB theme that I was using before coming to XenForo. And not a single template edit! Which should make it easy as pie to keep up to date with XF updates.

BamBam

Yep, very clean & fast Forum. Are you using this Code for your Custom Node Icons?

Code:
.node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-image: url("link to your image");
background-position: 0 center;
}

.node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
background-position: 0 center
}

eberkund

I like it! Loads fast, colors are easy on the eyes and love the catagory icons. 10/10 from me!
Thanks! I'm using CSS3 for all the backgrounds so that certainly helps keep things speedy :D

Love it, what are you using for the Category icons?
Yep, very clean & fast Forum. Are you using this Code for your Custom Node Icons?

Code:
.node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-position: 0 center;
}

.node .node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
background-position: 0 center
}
Yeah, I created an image sprite for all the node icons and then just added some code to my EXTRA.css file to change the node icon individually for each one.

melbo

Looks great although the node icons aren't retina ready on my iPhone. They pixelate on zoom. I would assume by retina ready, you would have used svg.

Nice looking style though :)