XF 2.0 Alerts

JoyFreak

This is very odd for me and I have no idea what has happened but when a member liked one of my resources, I would get an notification in alert (you know the red number above alerts top right). But now when a member likes it, I no longer get this notification. I have checked preferences and the 'Likes your resource' under alerts is checked. Can't replicate the issue

Not trying to bump this thread even though my question has not been answered. Just saves me having to make another thread related to Alerts.

But how do I make it so Alerts is sort of like Live. I.e no need to refresh the page, so when you get an alert it just pops up. Also same for inbox?

There's a "preferences" and "alert preference" section. I've got all the alert boxes checked. The only thing I could suggest is to try clicking the "save changes" button at the bottom to see if it needs to be clicked again for some reason.

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to tell you. But that is a strange problem. Did you modify any templates lately that may have effected the alert system?

Yes, I have all the alert boxes checked too. I have not changed anything in there, and I have also saved the changes just in-case like you have suggested but nothing. I do not recall changing anything in the template either because I tried it on the default theme and still the same issue.

Hmm, that is a strange issue. Perhaps Brogan will be by soon or another mod that can direct you to the right place. I'm sorry I can't help any more. Have you submitted a support ticket in the members area? I'm sure it is something easy to fix. :-)

I figured it out! You made me think after your post about any template changes and it sort of just clicked. It had something to do with the TH Reactions add-on. When disabled, the like alerts for resources work. Thank you, you did help.

But in relation to my second post: how do I make it so Alerts is sort of like Live. I.e no need to refresh the page, so when you get an alert it just pops up. Also same for inbox?

Any help for that ? :P

I figured it out! You made me think after your post about any template changes and it sort of just clicked. It had something to do with the TH Reactions add-on. When disabled, the like alerts for resources work. Thank you, you did help.

But in relation to my second post: how do I make it so Alerts is sort of like Live. I.e no need to refresh the page, so when you get an alert it just pops up. Also same for inbox?

Any help for that ? :p

Glad to help. :-)

The alerts should work live. At least they do on my site. But all the boxes in the "Alert Preferences" area of your profile should be checked if you want maximum alerts for the various reasons below or just check the ones you want to receive alerts for. I have all the choices below checked.

Messages in Threads
Receive an alert when someone...
  • Replies to a watched thread
    Someone replies to a thread you are watching
  • Attaches a file to a watched thread
    Someone replies and attaches a file to a thread you are watching
  • Quotes your message
    Someone directly quotes one of your messages in a thread
  • Mentions you in a message
    Someone mentions you in a message
  • Likes your message
    Someone likes one of your messages in a thread

That's all I can think of right now. Maybe someone else will have some ideas. Brogan will probably have the answer if he sees this thread. :-)

Top Bottom