Fixed Alerts with no permission to private forum

PASS

I tested this with my test account. It is setup to get alerted when tagged and quoted.

When I quoted my Test Account in a forum that account did not have access to, my Test Account DID get an alert. When I clicked on the alert it just simply disappeared.

When I tagged my Test Account in a forum that account did not have access to, my Test Account DID NOT get an alert. I think that is the way its suppose to work.

There is a bug here, though it doesn't happen 100% of the time. The bug is really that we check the wrong permissions for the alert; we check if the post owner can see the quoted post, rather than the post they're being quoted in. As such, that really means this only potentially happens if you quote a post across forums (rather than quoting a previous post in a forum the user no longer has access to). The fact that no alert is actually shown is another mitigation. (There are some other situations where the alert count is not necessarily 100% in sync; this is expected.)

We need to check that the quoted user can access the new post, though this is actually a more difficult change (in XF1) than you might think.

Top Bottom