Not planned Alert when someone REPLIES to your message

Marcus

Currently you can only be alerted when someone either quotes you or replies to the thread. Alert me when someone REPLIES to my message even without quoting it.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
And does reply uh.... non-quote someone, or is it just a convenience to take you directly to the reply form?

I believe the "Reply" option is for threaded mode, which is what the OP ultimately is talking about.

Threaded Mode - a tree is shown along with every post. This shows you the relationship each post has to the others. It's easy to see who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time. By clicking on a single post in the post tree, the page will show that post and all posts made in response to it.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/faq....q_vb3_thread_display

Which won't be implemented from what I remember reading :p
Indeed.

But it is what the OP was essentially talking about, even if he did only mean for alerts.

There would have to be an inherent link to the post to be able to receive an alert for it.
And that would be achieved by clicking the reply button for that particular post.

Indeed.

But it is what the OP was essentially talking about, even if he did only mean for alerts.

There would have to be an inherent link to the post to be able to receive an alert for it.
And that would be achieved by clicking the reply button for that particular post.

Three pages and we got to a possible solution to the original request. I think that's a record. :confused:

Idea: could someone quote this message, then delete the quoted part, then post to see if I get the alert for it?

I just turned on the alerts for quoted messages on in my account.

yes, you get the alert. you also don't get an alert if someone edits in a quote afterwards, or if the quote doesn't have a postid :)

Done as requested: quoted and deleted.

Remember, Alerts are cron based, so you may need to wait a few.

Edit: not cron based.

Did not get an alert (which in my opinion is the correct way to handle it). Try quoting this post and see if I get the alert.

Did not get an alert (which in my opinion is the correct way to handle it). Try quoting this post and see if I get the alert.

Ah, I misread your request. Thought you were asking to post and then remove the quote.

You only get an alert if you are quoted in the original post AND it contains a postid :)

It should do, yes.

Well ok, delete my post / quoted part, and I'll see if my alert disappears.

If it does that would be fantastic from a mod/admin point of view. People sometimes put up bad things, and if quoted may cause an alert, if the 'bad things' were deleted then eliminating the alert would be ideal.

Top Bottom