Alert Showing after viewing the post

davb

hi

i don't know if it is only for me.

Even in this xenforo forum what happens is

If i post a thread or reply to a post and after few minutes, someone replies to the thread or post.

As i am always checking the forum i will read my replies.

But only after sometime (after me reading it) i can see the alerts in top right saying someone has replied to my post.

What i am trying to tell is the alert is very much delayed. it is alerting about a reply which i have read already

thanks

Alerts only appear when the page is refreshed or by triggering an ajax function.

If you leave the page open, the alerts won't appear as there is no push mechanism.

Alerts only appear when the page is refreshed or by triggering an ajax function.

If you leave the page open, the alerts won't appear as there is no push mechanism.

Agreed,

Here is the scenario, I post a thread. and go to some other thread to read it. during the time i read someone replies to my original thread. Now i go to other thread, when i am going to other thread which is other page, the alert should alert me. No it did not . Now i go to my original thread and see someone has replied and i am reading it, still alert is not alerting me. And now after couple of page hops the alert is alerting me.

this what happened to me, when i am using the forum.

Top Bottom