XF 1.0 Alert Preferences

You asked for them, so here they are.

Alert Prefs.webp

There isn't an Alert on replies in Personal Conversations and no email notificatio0ns either.
There was originally an alert for Personal Conversations but people complained so it went bye bye (people didn't like having two red balloons for a single event). Email on PM is something I'd like to add soon.

There was originally an alert for Personal Conversations but people complained so it went bye bye (people didn't like having two red balloons for a single event). Email on PM is something I'd like to add soon.

Thanks Kier. Email notify would be fine.

I was actually receiving a red-colored alert (at the Inbox-Tab) on Personal Conversations just yesterday.....
Are you saying this is not there anymore ?

I was actually receiving a red-colored alert (at the Inbox-Tab) on Personal Conversations just yesterday.....
Are you saying this is not there anymore ?
Originally when you got a PC message, it would show a red bubble above your Inbox tab (which makes sense) but also on the Alerts tab, so you would end up with 2 separate alert bubbles for one item. Now it just shows up on your Inbox tab when you receive a PC message.

I must say that this software begins to grow for me. It seems more and more awesome and appealing for every thread I'm reading!

The Alerts are a great addition; this will definitely be an up from the rest. I've always found it a drag in forum software constantly having to check your threads to see if someone replied, or if someone quoted you, and with the thanks system you had to constantly check the usercp.

The Alerts are a great addition; this will definitely be an up from the rest. I've always found it a drag in forum software constantly having to check your threads to see if someone replied, or if someone quoted you, and with the thanks system you had to constantly check the usercp.
but people will only get alerts if they are "watching" a thread... how do you turn on watching a thread by default?

FB influenced the way it is executed for sure but let's not forget vB3.8 already had something called 'notifications' which can be seen as the primitive forerunner of the XF system, so I wouldn't be surprised if the current system would still have been developed if FB never existed :)

not everyone quotes someone when they reply...

That's exactly why I included "if someone replied, or if someone quoted you".
If it's being watched you obviously get the alert, if you're not and someone happens to quote you, you get a nice alert. That's a feature I like.

but people will only get alerts if they are "watching" a thread... how do you turn on watching a thread by default?
In your 'preferences', just underneath your time zone setting. There is a box called "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..."

Top Bottom