XF 1.0 Alert Preferences

You asked for them, so here they are.

Alert Prefs.webp

I've gone through the page today and trying to learn it all. That's why and what we're here for after all.
And I like the improvements. The page is not cluttered, it's not something you can get lost in. And it's properly organized. This is enough (in my opinion) to already filter out content you don't think you want to see there. And learn the end user what sort of alerts they can expect in that alert dropdown box.

Good job :)

Very useful :).

Any plans to introduce moderation alerts? IE if a mod moves my thread I get an alert telling me its new place or if its closed I get an alert to let me know?

It's something we'd like to do, yes.

I am quite curious what benefits there would be for the user to receive alerts when they are subscribed a thread and it was moved/deleted/locked, or even if a post someone had made was deleted.
  • Moved threads show up in Whats New list
  • Depending on the moderator/situation/site, many times the mod will post a reason why they are locking the thread.
  • When there are many members subscribed to a thread, especially if it is quite old, many will be notified if it is deleted/locked. Which would probably result in several messages to a random member of the staff, and it is quite likely that they will send it to the incorrect moderator.
?

I am quite curious what benefits there would be for the user to receive alerts when they are subscribed a thread and it was moved/deleted/locked, or even if a post someone had made was deleted.
  • Moved threads show up in Whats New list
  • Depending on the moderator/situation/site, many times the mod will post a reason why they are locking the thread.
  • When there are many members subscribed to a thread, especially if it is quite old, many will be notified if it is deleted/locked. Which would probably result in several messages to a random member of the staff, and it is quite likely that they will send it to the incorrect moderator.
?
I agree with some of your concerns and would like to see what others think of having moderation alerts. But as for your first bullet point, it's simple: Not everybody "watches" their own threads. Especially new users who don't even know how to, they may not be watching their thread, it gets moved, and they never find it again. The alert will guide them right to it. :D

I like that idea... if you don't want to be alerted for anything then the alert tab disappears! *remembers to code it for a template edit*

Turning off the alert feature could be nice too...

Top Bottom