Alert preferences: media and albums inconsistency?

imthebest

Hi,

At account/alert-preferences I see:

Receive an alert when someone...

Likes your media
Likes your album
(...)
Rates your media
Comments on your media
(...)

"Rates your media" and "Comments on your media" will also alert you if someone rates your album or comments your album, respectively? If so, then I believe that "Likes your media" and "Likes your album" should be merged into a single "Likes your media" for consistency.

So we could have something like this:

Likes your media
Someone likes your media or your album

Rates your media
Someone rates your media or your album

Comments on your media
Someone comments on your media or your album

Thanks,
Super120

Last edited:
The only thing slightly wrong is that there is no mention of the term "album" in the rate or comment preferences; most likely because rating albums and commenting on albums was functionality which was added later than the rest.

So there's a slight change here:

upload_2015-4-24_10-4-54.webp

Still having "Likes your media" and "Likes your album" instead of:

Likes your media or album
Someone likes your media or your album

?

Imho they both could be merged into a single checkbox to make things more easy to the end user and somehow more consistent with the "Rates..." and "Comments..." checkboxes.

In my opinion, it's fine as it is.

But the biggest factor is that it would require a number of significant changes that just really aren't feasible at this stage.

Bear in mind people may have already set their preferences for either one, meaning we have to make assumptions about which preference takes precedence, we have to clear data that has already been set for either one to prevent leaving orphaned data.

It's going to stay as it is, for now at least.

Top Bottom