Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 2.10.13

No permission to download
I just had a suer who was unable to get rid of warning alerts (he got four simultaneous warning alerts). Once I disabled this add-on, clicking on one of the alerts dismissed all 4.

That sounds like the user had the "pop-up does not mark alerts as read" option set

In that case though, shouldn't it still mark as read after actually clicking on the alert? Otherwise you'd never ever be able to dismiss an alert.

Normal (thread alerts) were dismissing fine, the issue was with warning alerts. Also what was odd he had 4 identical laters (all same time) for one warning)

I'm curious about the 'Alert resummarize flood check' setting. The default value is 10 seconds. What value has everyong found to work best for your forums?

Xon, one question before i install this add-on:

Do not use MySQL statement-based replication with this add-on

What is this?

Do i have to configure some settings in my host? I don't know how to use this.

MySQL supports a master-slave, where content is replicated from the master MySQL instance to (many) slave MySQL instances. There is various ways, some more stable & reliable than the other.

If you are running a single SQL server this shouldn't be an issue

It would be nice if we could have a mark read option on the alerts tab:

1569772626881.webp

Maybe on the right corner of each alert.

Hello Xon!

Just a quick update, i installed the last version but some errors are showing up in my server log:

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'is_summary' on XF:UserAlert[411996] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194
Generated by: some user 1/10/19 at 19:19
Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(106): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('is_summary')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s9/public/account_alerts_extra.php(29): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('is_summary')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1388): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('account_alerts_...', Array)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s9/public/alert_macros.php(46): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:account_...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#6 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s9/public/account_alerts_popup.php(16): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('alert_macros', 'row', Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('account_alerts_...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(84): XF\Template\Template->render()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(68): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderHtmlFallback('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:account_...', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:account_...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#15 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#17 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#18 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(238) "/account/alerts-popup?_xfRequestUri=%2Fthreads%2Fpanela-dos-solitarios-porque-nosso-mundo-e-do-tamanho-de-um-quarto.63188%2Fpage-236&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1569968353%2C8036ddd6356a5a7406030621c3f2120e&_xfResponseType=json&_=1569968484360"
  ["referrer"] => string(117) "https://forum.politz.com.br/threads/panela-dos-solitarios-porque-nosso-mundo-e-do-tamanho-de-um-quarto.63188/page-236"
  ["_GET"] => array(6) {
    ["/account/alerts-popup"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(90) "/threads/panela-dos-solitarios-porque-nosso-mundo-e-do-tamanho-de-um-quarto.63188/page-236"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1569968353,8036ddd6356a5a7406030621c3f2120e"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    ["_"] => string(13) "1569968484360"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'is_new' on XF:UserAlert[411996] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194
Generated by: some user 1/10/19 at 19:19

...and some information.

Happened just after installing the addon. I'm gonna keep monitoring this.

That is a design flaw in XenForo 2, where the template modifications still apply but the backend code is disabled during an update. Nothing I can do, just ignore it if it doesn't repeat after upgrading is done.

That is a design flaw in XenForo 2, where the template modifications still apply but the backend code is disabled during an update. Nothing I can do, just ignore it if it doesn't repeat after upgrading is done.

Thanks Xon.

Everything is working fine around here, a lot of hours since installation and no errors in the log.

Not sure if related to this addon or another on Xon's but resolved report alerts from mods remain unread, even if read. (marking all as read does work)

Hello Xon,

"alert pop-up skips mark read" is set but
alert notifications sended via admin panel to users (admin->communication->Alert users) don't marks as read if i click on it (on popup window).
and i can mark as read that only in user notification page.

Is it normal?
Thanks

That is expected, as it makes the alert pop-up skip the marking as read when you open the pop-up.

Alerts via admin->communication->Alert users aren't linked to anything you can 'view' so it is kinda of a non-optimal potion where there is nothing to mark those alerts as read if you view them. I've been considering marking 'user' alerts always get marked as read on the alerts pop-up and page simply to combat that

"Add XF1-style 'star' to unread/new alerts "

- We're not sure what this does, as it seems to attach to alerts whether they have been viewed or not. Does it mean the user hasn't clicked the alert to go to the source of the alert (post, thread etc)?

Top Bottom