Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 2.10.13

No permission to download
@Joe Link click the "alerts" link in your account profile dropdown, (or "show all" at the bottom of the alerts pop-up). Then click "Mark as read" which will mark all unread alerts as read
I believe there is a bug with alerts from forum moderation (like your thread being moved or closed or anything seen in @Joe Link's post) not marking as read like they should.

A user on my forum had their thread moved so they received the alert as usual. However, viewing their alerts and/or going into the thread did not clear this alert as you would expect. They had to manually mark as read, like you mentioned, but it doesn't seem like it should be that way.

A user on my forum had their thread moved so they received the alert as usual. However, viewing their alerts and/or going into the thread did not clear this alert as you would expect. They had to manually mark as read, like you mentioned, but it doesn't seem like it should be that way.
This is probably something to reported to XF, since it is basically core functionality now which does marking-as-read.

How big can the groups be before can expect issues, per note in the ACP? Or at least it tells us tagging large groups isn't recommended

We seems to have issues with the usergroup tag for the entire member base (~1K members) and doesn't work, or doesn't on the actual entire memberbase.
Not mad or anything, just wondering if 1K members counts as large and in either case, if it can be solved ^_^

I really haven't heavily tested with large groups. Keep in mind that the XF 'mention limit' permission which caps how many people can be mentioned is actually respected when mentioning a group.

So I installed the most recent update, and now alerts no longer clear if you read the thread the alert was in.

For instance, someone quotes me in such and such thread. I get an alert.

Prior to the update I could go to such and such thread and it would clear the alert once I hit the post I was quoted in.

This no longer happens.

I use this add-on on several XF2 sites, and it absolutely works. The mark-as-read function is actually stock XF2.1 behaviour.

Can you try disabling this add-on as well as disabling all other add-ons?

I use this add-on on several XF2 sites, and it absolutely works. The mark-as-read function is actually stock XF2.1 behaviour.

Can you try disabling this add-on as well as disabling all other add-ons?

Could be that I'm still on XF2.0 then. I'll have to migrate to XF2.1 on my test site and see what happens. My host is only running PHP7.3.7 so I can't go too much higher.

Top Bottom