Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 2.10.13

No permission to download
@Xon You have fauxBlockLink's on both links in summarized alerts for Likes, so only the summary link "has been liked" can be clicked and you can't click the link to the actual post

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
If I click "mark all forums read" shouldnt it clear all the alerts pertaining to new forum posts?
The add-on description states it marks known content you view as read; "mark all forums read" isn't you viewing the actual content.

@Xon Is there anything specific that needs to be done to make an add-on fully compatible with yours?

The feature not supported with Reactions is 'alert summerization' support. XF1 version screenshot;
ratings-png.154723
(XF2 works identically).

It isn't technically complex to support new content; just extending canSummarizeItem to return true for the right action name (currently 'like' or 'rating' it checks for). However insertSummaryAlert makes some assumptions about how the 'rating' action is structured when tracking how many rating items from Content Ratings have been given, and then the sv_alertimprovements_macros::alert_rating_type which builds the rating summary for the actual alert.

You will probably need to submit a pull-request to https://github.com/Xon/XenForo2-AlertImprovements for tweaks & changes as Alert Improvements is somewhat hardcoded with how my Content Rating's add-on structure's its alert data.

I have an idea.

Is it possible to to mark alerts as read only by viewing the content?

So if I have 4 alerts:
  1. New reply on thread X
  2. New comment on album X
  3. Liked post on thread Y
  4. Moderated post on thread Z
In the userbar I have 4 alerts.

If I open the popup to view the alerts and click on the first entry "new reply on thread x" it should mark only the first alert as read.

So there should be left 3 alerts as unread in the userbar.

It is possible?

Currently this add-on doesn't suppress marking as read when you click on the alerts icon. It wouldn't be hard todo, but I am unlike to have time to implement myself.

It would be fairly easy for some to implement however, and I'm open to pull requests on the github profile for this add-on

Top Bottom