Implemented Alert / email / notice when user upgrade is about to expire

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Basically an Aleart that comes in as a notification telling a member when there Premium Monthly Subscription is up. It's the same concept that Microsoft uses when your Monthly Xbox Live Subscription is up but they give you about a weeks notice. I think it would be a great feature because then members can know when to purchase again instead of just coming on and seeing as there not premium anymore. For all that are going to say turn on Monthly Renewal well sometimes members don't have the funds right away so this would be a nice asset to have when purchasing premium again in the future.

It's a nice idea but most subscriptions are set to auto renew so this would become a hindrance to those who have that set up. If the alert is sent to one-time purchasers then perhaps.

It's a nice idea but most subscriptions are set to auto renew so this would become a hindrance to those who have that set up. If the alert is sent to one-time purchasers then perhaps.

Well that's what I'm trying to get at. It would be a great feature for members that don't have auto renewal on.

As Brogan said, they're all different, but related. (y) With roughly 2,100 threads in the small tweaks forum alone, its difficult to find suggestions at times. I always find it useful to receive / give links to related suggestions so I / they can like them and throw support behind them.

A must for our board. Quite often I have to deal with irate customers if their sub expires and their email reminder went to spam or something. Recurring subs didn't work for us, too many users were "surprised" when they got charged for another year. An alert would be sweet.

Re-Occuring Subs is a Bad Idea for my products, and would have a lot of pissed off customers.

This seems like a few simple edits to the Notices - to include subs expiring X days - so I can at least display a message at the top of the screen.

Do we foresee this in the roadmap this year? Would definitely love to have this feature as many folks didn't like the automatically recurring subscriptions feature and as a result, users couldn't really tell if they were current or not.

Top Bottom