1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Alert / email / notice when user upgrade is about to expire

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by AndreaMarucci, Mar 26, 2011.

1. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

Don't know if new or not. Should be good to have a system integrated that automatically parses all the users with expiring upgrades and send them an email suggesting to pay for the new upgrade...

Ehm, a mod can change the name of the thread?

semprot, Null, Mouth and 10 others like this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Title edited.

Janmaat likes this.
  3. KozmoK

KozmoK Active Member

Display a Notice for User Upgrades that are Expiring Soon.
    For example:
    1) Expired
    2) Going to Expire in x Days

Or allow us to use a custom SQL criteria

Janmaat and Alien like this.
  4. Asphyxia

Asphyxia New Member

Basically an Aleart that comes in as a notification telling a member when there Premium Monthly Subscription is up. It's the same concept that Microsoft uses when your Monthly Xbox Live Subscription is up but they give you about a weeks notice. I think it would be a great feature because then members can know when to purchase again instead of just coming on and seeing as there not premium anymore. For all that are going to say turn on Monthly Renewal well sometimes members don't have the funds right away so this would be a nice asset to have when purchasing premium again in the future.

5. James

James Well-Known Member

It's a nice idea but most subscriptions are set to auto renew so this would become a hindrance to those who have that set up. If the alert is sent to one-time purchasers then perhaps.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Janmaat and xf_phantom like this.
  7. Asphyxia

Asphyxia New Member

Well that's what I'm trying to get at. It would be a great feature for members that don't have auto renewal on.

8. Brogan

9. Asphyxia

Asphyxia New Member

10. Brogan

No problem.

They're all different, albeit related.

Perhaps they could be merged in the sense that all three suggestions are just looking for some way of alerting members when upgrades are about to expire.

Janmaat, Asphyxia and xf_phantom like this.
  11. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As Brogan said, they're all different, but related. (y) With roughly 2,100 threads in the small tweaks forum alone, its difficult to find suggestions at times. I always find it useful to receive / give links to related suggestions so I / they can like them and throw support behind them.

Janmaat likes this.
  12. Asphyxia

Asphyxia New Member

Exactly.

13. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

A must for our board. Quite often I have to deal with irate customers if their sub expires and their email reminder went to spam or something. Recurring subs didn't work for us, too many users were "surprised" when they got charged for another year. An alert would be sweet.

Janmaat likes this.
  14. Janmaat

Janmaat Active Member

15. KozmoK

KozmoK Active Member

Re-Occuring Subs is a Bad Idea for my products, and would have a lot of pissed off customers.

This seems like a few simple edits to the Notices - to include subs expiring X days - so I can at least display a message at the top of the screen.

16. denzil

denzil Member

Do we foresee this in the roadmap this year? Would definitely love to have this feature as many folks didn't like the automatically recurring subscriptions feature and as a result, users couldn't really tell if they were current or not.

Janmaat likes this.
  17. AndreaMarucci

It seems that no one is interested... :(

18. Janmaat

Janmaat Active Member

I'd like to see this in future release :)

19. AndreaMarucci

semprot, wedgar, AndyB and 1 other person like this.
  20. Brogan