Not a bug Alert bug?

It may very well be a bug. But could this happen if person x likes >> unlikes >> likes in a space of a few seconds and the 2 likes still get logged? I'm unsure just more curious.

xenForo doesn't show an alert if something was "Liked" and then "Unliked". If an alert for a "Like" was seen by the user, then that alert will be removed if the post was "Unliked" thereafter. That's how it seems to work in 1.1.3 at least.

That's the way it SHOULD work. Liking, then unliking, then liking again should be filtered out into just one alert, unless you are going to alert on the unlike, then the liking again.

I've looked at your two alert screenshots and I don't understand your point.

You made two posts in the Church thread and Adam liked them both = 2 alerts. That's correct.

You made a post in this thread that Adam liked = 1 alerts.

Total = 3 alerts from Adam Howard's likes.

There is no liking and unliking...

You made two posts in the Church thread and Adam liked them both = 2 alerts. That's correct.

Even if there was unliking/liking, the moment something is unliked the alert would be deleted.

What can I say... been a long day. Spent last night and this morning installing (for free) 3 new Dell PowerEdge 520's and setting up WinBlows 2012 Essentials on them, SQL Server 2012 one one of them, moving the databases from the old server to the new, moving all their web applications over and some other junk for my doctors office. My "think straight" cap was skewered slightly. :sick:
I didn't pay close enough attention to see the second alert in the image was not from Adam, just keyed in on the green "Not a bug".
Did I mention I did the work for free? :confused:

Even if there was unliking/liking, the moment something is unliked the alert would be deleted.
Didn't Mike mention something back in 2010 about if you've been alerted for something (such as a like) and you've read it already, it isn't cleared from your alerts because you've already read it? I think he compared it to deleting something from a newspaper once you've already read it, it's pointless because it's already been read.

I can't remember.

Didn't Mike mention something back in 2010 about if you've been alerted for something (such as a like) and you've read it already, it isn't cleared from your alerts because you've already read it? I think he compared it to deleting something from a newspaper once you've already read it, it's pointless because it's already been read.

I can't remember.
The way I read the initial post was that they saw the alert bubble but had not clicked it yet. And I believe that statement refers to the news feed, not alerts.

Top Bottom